NAGI, REO, Y/N: NAGI, PLEASE SHOWER.

(set in heart to heart, take this as you will

(set in heart to heart, take this as you will.) the soap has run out and nagi refuses to shower until they stock up on it, but fortunately for the others around him, his friends have another plan in mind.

"i always knew your stench was just different after our games but damn... i don't think i can take it anymore." reo fakes a gag and waves the air in front of him before pulling y/n near.

"then don't," nagi says flatly, his eyes still focused on the stupid game on his phone with his body lying down on team v's floor.

"is that why you try to take him into the communal baths as soon as possible?" y/n muses, taking a step behind reo as if it will defend him from nagi's rancid ass.

reo is about to respond when nagi groans unnecessarily loud. "i don't want to shower. it's not like we have any soap left, and i'm not gonna get less stinky if i shower without soap."

"i thought water still helps in cleaning you," y/n mutters.

"not anymore." nagi pushes his screen towards them, revealing a pet-care game. he's in the middle of bathing his akbash puppy. "this game uses soap."

y/n frowns. "you're not a dog."

"remind yourself that the next time ego tells you to buy something." nagi turns his screen back to him. he moves his thumb to lather soap on the dog.

"but you stink!" reo stomps his feet to nagi until the smell hits him closer. he walks back to y/n. "we're not gonna hang out with you until you bathe!"

nagi's gaze is still on his phone. he's showering the water on "then bathe me."

"that's what grandfather would say when grandmother berates him for joking about his back hurting so much that he can't shower." y/n muses behind reo.

reo does not find it as amusing. he grabs y/n by the wrist and drags him. "don't worry, y/n. me and nagi will not be doing that. let's leave and have fun without him." he sticks his tongue out before slamming the door as thunderously as he can with his bullshit capped-at-ninety-nine strength.

"but i wanna hang out with the both of you," y/n mumbles as he leans on the wall next to the door.

reo shifts his hold on y/n's hand instead. "nagi smells like shit. i'm not gonna shower him, let alone get near him."

but he has a feeling that in another universe, he would've gladly complied like a submissive wife-material spouse. the deja vu feeling makes him shiver.

"it's not like the two of us used soap either."

"it's fine since we used the aberdeen lavender creed you sneaked in, remember?"

"why not perfume it on nagi-san, too? then we all can hang out together."

reo huffs. "i'm not letting the perfume you bought me near him! what if his stinkiness infects the bottle?"

"that's okay, i can just buy you another one."

"but i don't want another one. i want this one."

"oh." y/n drops his head sadly. "i guess nagi won't be using it. but how are we gonna hang out with him if we can't even get near him?"

"threaten him!" reo exclaims. y/n lifts his head to scrunch his eyebrows at him, reo takes it as a gesture to elaborate. "say that you won't be friends with a smelly skunk like him. that'll get him moving."

it seems like a good plan-it is a good plan-but the comical (at least when you get to know y/n) widening of his eyes says otherwise.

"what?" reo questions innocently with a tilt of his head. where inside it, he's going through the two possible reasons why y/n's reacting that way: 1. he doesn't like his plan, or 2. he doesn't like reo.

both aren't plausible in the slightest, but maybe reo is beginning to overthink as a side effect of being ten feet within nagi's putrid presence.

"i think i might die before my grandparents if i'm in the same room as him again," oh, thank goodness. their friendship lives for another day. "why won't you do it? you guys are all up on each other after games."

the way y/n says it makes him sound like he's baffled, but reo can think about that later when his hand begins to slip out of reo's from the lack of strength they're holding one another. reo intertwines them again, and makes sure they're as locked in as nagi's current stinkiness ingraining itself in team v's room.

"no, we're all up on each other after games," reo corrects. "and i think i might die before i get to meet your grandparents if i do the same."

y/n hums in thought. "what would make you shower in this situation?"

"i would be very sad and shower immediately if you tell me you don't want to be friends anymore because i'm a smelly skunk." reo pouts after answering a little too fast. the small squeeze y/n's fingers give his hand is enough to reassure him. reo just has to figure out about what.

"i think i would feel the same...," y/n mutters, dropping his head sadly again.

the door beside them creaks, and the scent gets to them faster than they can whip their heads to see its culprit.

"no need to threaten me," nagi yawns, handing his phone to y/n for him to confiscate. "i'll shower, or whatever."

"nagi-san...." y/n puts the phone near his chest. nagi can't tell if his eyes are glistening because he's about to cry or he's touched. maybe both, but he thinks the action (and eyes) offend(s) him more than any of the words they said behind the door.

this time, reo's hand is the one to start slipping off.

"okay, but can you back off a bit? i feel faint."

nagi takes a step towards him. y/n isn't given enough time in his full hands to catch reo.

-✮

then second selection happens LMFAOOO just kidding this is for the sillies. anyways thanks for the req and the bunch of comments from when you first read heart to heart <3 this was fun to do.... i love my sons