2- Katerina?

Mystic Falls.
Present day.

A throng of people had formed, their faces illuminated by candlelight as they gazed up at the sky in eager anticipation of the comet that was to come. Sarah Pierce was amongst them, trying to blend in, but her unlit candle and distracted thoughts set her apart from the rest. The comet, which had captured the attention of the crowd, was not at the forefront of her mind.

She was planning a mass murder, of all the founding families. She was plotting her revenge.

She was jolted out of her reverie by a familiar voice - her sister. Katerina's voice. Five hundred years hadn't dulled her memories of it.

"Do you need your candle lit?" She asked in a sweet tone, Sarah's brows furrowed. "Katerina?" She asked in a soft voice, the ghost of a smile making its way onto her face.

But to her surprise, the girl responded in confusion, "Uh no, I'm Elena." Sarah's brows furrowed and her smile dropped her heart broke with lost hope. Yet she couldn't help but wonder who this mysterious girl was.

"Oh... sorry uh, you just, you really remind me of someone. I'm s-"She was cut off yet again, this time by a person she'd heard a lot about, over the last 145 years.

"Stefan Salvatore. Do my eyes deceive me?" Sarah piped up in a condescendingly sweet voice, the look on his face was priceless. "Uh sorry, do I know you?" He asked, his expression morphing into one of bewilderment and slight intrigue.

"Not directly, friend of an old friend, I've heard a lot about you over the years. Bye!" Sarah then smiles sweetly and struts away leaving the two behind in complete confusion and puzzlement.

Sarah's heart was pounding with fury as the realization hit her once again - her beloved sister was gone, forever. The pain was unbearable, and she could feel the rage boiling up inside of her. She craved chaos, she craved action, and she craved it now.

With her eyes scanning the bustling crowd, finally, her gaze locked onto a young girl, barely fifteen years old. Without wasting any time, she rushed towards the girl and beckoned her to follow. With the girl in tow, she made her way into the dense and secluded forest that loomed over the quiet town.

The air was thick with tension as the mysterious woman approached her. With a hint of malice in her voice, she asked, "Hey hun, who might you be?" The girl felt a shiver run down her spine, but something about the woman's presence compelled her to answer, despite the caution in her eyes. With a deep breath, she revealed her name

"I'm Gurt or Gertrude Carter." Sarah's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Gurt? Wow, that's one bold name. Your parents must really hate you!" Sarah's cruel words made Gurt's expression quickly turn sad.

"Hey, hey, no don't be sad, I'm gonna help you," Sarah said with a fiery hunger blazing in her eyes, Gurt looked up at the girl standing before her just to witness something unexplainable.

Vein's bulge from Sarah's eyes and fangs grew from her gums, however, little Gurtie only saw a flash of the woman's demonic face before having a sharp pain in her neck and seeing black spots, before her body fell limp in Sarah's arms.

It was only about thirty minutes later when the sheriff came across the body. Unbeknownst to her, a set of ears picked this up, and he immediately assumed it was his older brother.

***

Sierra was wandering around when she suddenly caught wind of distant shouts and screams. Intrigued, she followed the sound, and to her surprise, stumbled upon Damon Salvatore, the notorious bad boy, gripping a girl perilously over the edge of a steep drop. But before Sierra could even blink, Stefan appeared on the scene, his hero hair flowing in the wind.

Sierra quickly scaled the towering building and skillfully took cover behind a nearby crate. From her hidden vantage point, she eavesdropped on the heated conversation of a family in dismay, their dysfunction palpable in every word spoken.

"Not bad, have you been eating bunnies?" Damon taunted, Stefan pleaded for him to let her go, and Damon obliged almost dropping the girl to her inevitable demise.

Stefan quickly intervened, and Damon then threw her toward Stefan.

"Relax, I don't need her dead but, you might." Damon continued, a smirk growing on his face.

"Yeah like you needed that girl in the woods dead?" Stefan accused, giving Damon a disgraced look, Damon's brows furrowed.

"What girl in the woods? What the hell are you talking about," Damon denied.

"That would be my cue," Sierra said stepping out from behind the crate, the girl jumped, startled. "Sorry to interrupt this, family gathering, but I'm not about to let Damon take credit for my art."

Stefan's brows furrowed in disbelief, "you..." Before he could finish his sentence Damon interrupted, "And what do they call you?" he asked brows raised in intrigue.

"Oh, my apologies! How rude of me, I'm Sierra, Sierra Petrova. But you can call me Sarah Pierce." She replied with malice in her tone.

The look on the two boys' faces was enough to make Sierra laugh. "Wow, you should see your faces! It's hilarious, you really thought I was dead?"

"You're Katherine's sister?" Damon asked, a smirk forming on his face. "Ding, ding, ding! so you're not as stupid as you look." Sarah replied smugly.

"But, but Katherine said you were dead." Stefan retorted, Sarah smiled again.

"Well she's not wrong, I am dead. Yet so are you, and so is he, and so is she," she replied, her smile dropping at the last sentence. "I mean her a bit more than the rest of us but still."

The girl beside Stefan whimpered, "What is happening? how are you dead?"

A/N

OK SO, it's 5:30 and I have to get up for school in an hour and a half. Depressing but I missed the bus yesterday because I slept in, anyway goodnight/good morning. And byeee.