Trim All You Want, But You Will Never Cut Me Off!

"Yuujiiii," Gojo whined out from the living room, having flattened, melted, and spread his long limbs all over the gray and pristine couch – which was made comfortable with an endless amount of blankets and pillows. Itadori was beyond impressed with the collection of comfort, that was littered all about the elder's very fancy home. The space was only lit up by the fairy lights they hung up earlier, and the candles on the coffee table, which illuminated and exposed the unhealthy amount of candy wrappers, thrown haphazardly around. Gojo loved it, to say it mildly.

Itadori appeared in the doorway that led out into the kitchen, shortly thereafter, with a comically large bowl of popcorn, per the older man's request. "Satoruuu," Itadori cooed back, as he danced his way towards the couch, trying to avoid stumbling over any pillows or soda cans littered about on the floor. This made Gojo scramble up from his puddle-like position on the couch, to sit up with all the eagerness of a puppy. As soon as Itadori was close enough to grab, Gojo would pull him into his lap with his long arms, the bowl landing in Itadori's lap and the popcorn jumping briefly from within.

"You took way too long, Yuujii!" Gojo whined out, followed by him snaking his arms tightly around Itadori's waist and nuzzling himself into his brown undercut. "Hey-hey, be careful you goof, the popcorn will spill if you squiggle too much! And it was you who demanded said popcorn Sensei," Itadori chuckled at the elder's antics and munched on a handful of popcorn. Leaning himself back into Gojo's embrace and reveling in the comforting warmth.

The movie they had – prior, been at least a little invested in – watching became simple and dull background noise to the cuddly pair on the couch. Gojo continued on petting and nuzzling into Itadori's hair, while Yuuji was feeding them both popcorn and simply just enjoying the closeness of them together. When the end credits of the 3rd or 4th movie rolled on the large screen, and the bowl of popcorn was emptied, Gojo and Yuuji found themselves snuggling on the couch.

It was a rare occasion, times like these. Pockets of comfort, where they got to spend longer periods of time together, while stuck in the busy life of a sorcerer. The amounts of missions and reports to deal with that only seemed to build up on a daily basis – only fuels the inevitable worrying and hurt. These are only some, among a lot of things, that Gojo and Itadori choose to forget, and instead truly revel in the time they spent together, while they still could.

Gojo stretched and arched his limbs, and sat up with a huff. "C'mon, Yuuji, let's go get a shower before bed," sighing, Itadori sat up as well, rubbing at his eyes, "Yeah," he yawned out in response.

They stumble their way through the dimly lit living room, and into the suddenly very bright bathroom – Itadori's eyes squinting at the sudden change of surroundings. Scratching at his undercut, he looked into the huge mirror plastered on the wall above the sink, still trying to fight the bright lights. Satoru, who was fiddling with some new soap they'd bought earlier, looked over at Itadori, who was picking at his hair with a pout. "Why're you so pouty, Yuuji?" he asked with a humored huff, and Itadori mumbled out some sleepy grumbles that Gojo, as intelligent and majestic as the man was, simply couldn't decipher. "Hmmm?" Gojo tried again.

"My undercut grows out too fast, I just got it cut a month ago," Itadori complained, and Gojo couldn't hold in a smirk, and nuzzled his nose into said undercut – "How abouuut, I trim it before we shower, hm?" Itadori perked up at that. "Yes please, that would be very nice – I didn't know you cut your own hair, Satoru?" Gojo began rummaging around the bathroom drawers and cabinets, "I usually get mine fixed at a hairdresser regularly, but I'm pretty sure I've got one of those trimmers, just in case... Aha!" victoriously, he held up the aforementioned trimmer. Itadori plopped himself onto a chair they brought in from the dining table, and Gojo covered his shoulders with a towel, to fend off the majority of hair.

Trimming Itadori's hair was, surprisingly, an easy feat for Gojo to pull off (but then again, it's Gojo we're talking about here). The buzz of the trimmer, and the subtle crunch of hair being cut, filled the space between them. Yuuji with a fresh undercut, smiling admiralty like the sun, and a Gojo proud of his handiwork and precision, hopped into the shower to wash away all the dirt, grime, and hair that had built up throughout the day. Scrubbing each other's hair soothingly, and sneaking soft, sleepy kisses through the sprays of warm water, they still got cleaned up thoroughly.

After toweling each other's hair off, and slipping into some comfortable sleepwear, they found themselves tucked in beneath the cozy covers, in Gojo's (their) bedroom. The room was only illuminated, by the cool rays from the moon that slipped through the curtains. The fresh scent of citrus, vanilla, and some kind of fancy wood that the pair now shared, only empowered their need for nuzzling into each other, finding pure comfort and safety in the shared embrace.

"Thank you for today, Satoru. I just, really needed to be with you," Itadori pulled back slowly with sleepy motions and looked up into Gojo's glowing blue eyes, which already met his warm hazel ones. Gojo traced his long fingers through Itadori's pink hair and pulled him up to land a soft kiss on his lips, meeting each other halfway.

_____

"The old geezers have been on our butts lately, yapping about finding Sukuna's stupid fingers," Gojo grumbled tiredly as they lay under the fluffy covers. "I missed my Yuuji sooo much, I just want to stay in bed and cuddle with you forever," he sighed dreamily while scathing at Itadori's undercut.

Itadori huffed out a soft sigh, "I want that too, but there are not many fingers left to find. So I guess I have to savor it, while I can," gripping onto Satoru's sweater, bringing them closer, if that was even possible.

"Yuuji, the elders can try to point their stinky fingers with all their might, but you will not be executed." Gojo poked a finger right into Itadori's chest, right above his heart, making Itadori's eyes burn. "Not as long as I can do anything about it – and they will never separate us, love," Gojo finished with a soft smile, their eye contact never wavering.

Itadori smiled and nodded, having since long ago chosen to put all his trust into his Sensei, his Satoru. Snuggling and tangling into each other, they found, that sleep came easy that night, with shared dreams of lifetimes filled with a never-ending love for each other.