31

A/N Hey! I know I said I won't put trigger warnings, but I guess I freaked myself out with the story, so, be prepared! Shits gonna to happen!🚨🚨🚨⚠⚠⚠

As Ophelia entered the grand hall, almost all the eyes in the room were drawn to her, despite her hope for a more inconspicuous entrance. She curtsied gracefully to the royal family, receiving warm smiles from Odin and Frigga. Thor, however, sent her an unsettling and creepy smile that left her feeling uneasy.

But to her dismay, it was Loki's reaction that made her heart hurt. He didn't even spare her a glance. His eyes were fixed on a far corner of the room, and he seemed entirely engrossed in something or someone else. Her heart sank as confusion and self-doubt crept in. Was the dress ugly? Did he not like how she looked?

Feeling a wave of disappointment and rejection, Ophelia's once-bright expression faltered. She quietly made her way toward the wall, hoping to find solace and understand the reason for Loki's distant demeanour.

As Sif joined Ophelia and noticed her sour mood, the warrior wasted no time in taking action. She gently grabbed Ophelia's hand and led her to a quieter area, away from the bustling ballroom. "Ophelia, dear! Come here, let's walk a bit," Sif said, her voice filled with concern. Ophelia nodded silently and followed her.

Once they reached a secluded balcony, Sif turned to her friend and asked, "What happened?" sensing that something was troubling Ophelia deeply.

Ophelia hesitated for a moment, her voice barely above a whisper as she shared her insecurities. "Sif, tell me honestly, am I ugly?"

Sif's eyes widened in surprise and slight irritation. "What!?" she exclaimed, incredulous. "Who planted such thoughts in your head?"

Ophelia sighed, her embarrassment evident. "No one. It's just... Ah, it's so embarrassing to tell. Prince Loki refused to even look at me. And he designed the dress!" She confided in her friend, her vulnerability showing through her words.

Sif's expression shifted from surprise to understanding as she realized the source of Ophelia's distress. She placed a reassuring hand on Ophelia's shoulder and spoke with sincerity, "Ophelia, you are not ugly, not in the slightest. You're a vision of grace and beauty, and anyone who thinks otherwise is blind."

Ophelia's eyes glistened with gratitude as she looked at Sif. "Thank you, Sif. But I can't help feeling hurt by Loki's distant behaviour."

Sif nodded sympathetically. "I understand why you'd feel that way, but perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye. Loki can be quite enigmatic at times. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet."

Ophelia sighed, taking in Sif's comforting words. "You're right, Sif."

With a supportive smile, Sif squeezed Ophelia's shoulder. "Now, let's enjoy the ball and not let this affect our evening. I'm sure things will become clearer as the night goes on."

Ophelia nodded, determined to put her worries aside and make the most of the grand ball.

As Ophelia re-entered the hall, her eyes fell upon a stunning woman who stood beside Loki. The woman was a vision of grace and allure, possessing a perfect body, nearly as tall as Loki himself. Her golden hair cascaded in waves down her back, and she was adorned in an emerald green gown that accentuated her every curve and complemented her radiant beauty.

They danced together, their movements fluid and effortless, while their laughter filled the air. Ophelia's heart sank as she watched Loki even kissing the woman's cheek. She felt devastated, a painful ache in her chest.

Ophelia contemplated leaving the ballroom, her emotions overwhelming her. However, Sif caught her by the shoulder and spoke reassuringly, "Let's go see your lover-boy, Ophelia. Let's see if he can resist you. Believe me, Ophelia, if I were a man, I would totally melt before you."