Chapter 1 - Explanations

"I'm Itadori Yuji!" I reply, bowing at a stiff 90°angle. First introductions are important.

Heh, first, totally.

"I'm into girls like Jennifer Lawrence! Pleasure to meet you!"

"I'm Gojo Satoru!" he bowed slightly. "I like girls like Inoue Waka!"

Who?

"Anyways, that's all great to hear and all, but not exactly what I'm asking Yuji."

Gojo-sensei begins to fiddle with his blindfold with his index finger, barely raising it to just subtly reveal his pair of bright blue eyes, his signature Six Eyes.

"You've got a lot of cursed energy kid, despite your best attempts to keep it tucked away in yourself, I can see it as bright as day."

Gojo-sensei lets his blindfold fall back onto his face.

"You've got more than me from just a glance, dear I say, even more than another student who is known to have tonnes of that stuff! Someone you might be just as special as."

"Gojo-sensei! You don't mean he's a special grade as well...?"

Fushiguro asks, clearly shocked.

Gojo-sensei doesn't reply, he just smiles.

"Alright Yuji, how about me and you continue this conversation somewhere more private?"

"Yes se- Gojo-san!"

"Neato! Megumi!" Gojo-sensei plonks his hand on top of Fushiguro's head. Fushiguro reacts with a grimace. "Good job!"

Gojo picks up the Sukuna Finger on the floor, dumping it into his back pocket, and then he extends a hand towards me.

"Shall we?"

Confused, "Okay?" After grabbing his hand with mine, there's a pause. "What no-"

Suddenly, the surroundings around us change in less than a blink of an eye.

Right, I forgot, he can teleport.

The two of us find ourselves in a familiar-looking boxed room. There are paper talismans in the number of hundreds, with many detailed inscriptions on them, all unique in their design.

"Now..." He flips a chair around and seats himself on it backwards. "I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that you've been itching to want to talk to me for a bit now."

He pauses for a moment, gauging my reaction. I simply nod.

"Mind me asking why you wanna talk to specifically me?"

"Because you're Gojo-sensei!" I reply as a matter of fact

Gojo-sensei responded with a smile and an affirmative-sounding hum.

"Alright. So, what's up?"

"I... uh. Um. It's just that... You see I-" I can't quite find the words to explain myself, they find themselves stuck in my throat.

"One thing at a time, Yuji. Perhaps take a seat and a moment to figure out what you wish to say?" He tilts his head toward a vacant seat opposite him.

"Thank you..." His patience and thoughtfulness are reassuring, especially in contrast with what I'm going to bring up.

A few minutes pass by as I have my head lay low in thought. There's no easy way for this. Suppose the best way to go about things is to say them as they are.

"Everyone's... going to die."

This statement appears to catch Gojo-sensei's attention, as he removes his blindfold and regards me with a raised eyebrow.