Rediscovered Elements

Start from the beginning

Tony: You don’t know better. I didn’t give it to him. Y/n let him take it.

Fury: Whoa, whoa, whoa. He took it? You’re Iron Man and he just took it? The little brother walked in there, then your son kicked your ass. Is that possible?

Fury quickly looked at Natasha

Natasha: Well, according to Mr Stark’s database security guidelines, there are redundancies to prevent unauthorised usage. The ass kicking part could have been avoided.

Tony: What do you want from me?

Fury: What do we want from you?Na,na, na,na. What do you want from me?  You have become a problem, a problem I have to deal with. Contrary to your belief, you are not the centre of my universe. I have bigger problems than you in the southwest region to deal with. Hit him.

Natasha returned and injected Tony in the neck causing him to yelp

Tony: Oh, God, are gonna steal my kidney and sell it? Could you please not do anything awful for five seconds? What did she just do to me?

In that moment the rash disappeared as Fury looked at it with Natasha

Fury: What did we just do for you? That’s lithium dioxide. It’s gonna take the edge off. We’re trying to get you back to work.

Tony: Give me a couple of boxes of that. I’ll be right as rain.

Natasha: It’s not a cure, it just abates the symptoms.

Fury: Doesn’t look like it’s gonna be an easy fix.

Tony: Trust me, I know. I’m good at this stuff. I’ve been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium. I’ve tried every combination, every permutation of every known element.

Fury: Well, I’m here to tell you, you haven’t tried them all.

Tony was later returned to the house in its broken and burned state as he and Fury sit together talking about the Arc Reactor and the possible replacement

Fury: That thing in your chest is based on unfinished technology.

Tony: No, it was finished. It has never been particularly effective until I miniaturised it and put it in my…