𝟐𝟏. ❙𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"John Summers was the CIA's best field agent in the Middle East. Three nights ago, he was found in his home in Washington. He'd been tortured and murdered. CIA made it look like suicide." Hotch informed, which earned a small sarcastic mutter from Valentina, "Dream job."

"Guys, look at the wound patterns. They come from two distinct angles. Different heights. One's right-handed and one's left-handed. Looks to me like he was tortured by more than two people." Morgan observed, which was quite a crucial element to notice. Elle then wondered, "Hotch, what was Summers working on?"

"Aaliyah Nadir. Had been beaten and sexually assaulted at the hands of her husband, Hassan Nadir. That's how Summers flipped her and got her to work for the CIA." Hotch explained before JJ had her own question, "And what's the husband's story?"

"He's a diplomat for the Saudi government, but he's a fundraiser for major terrorist organisations." Hotch explained once more before Gideon gave the rest of the information on this that they had, "Aaliyah gave Summers intelligence on terrorist organisations the CIA had never been able to penetrate, organisations Hassan, her husband, funnelled money to."

"And Hassan realized he had a leak?" Valentina clarified with Hotch answering, "Yes, but he didn't know who. For Aaliyah's protection, Summers never revealed her identity to the CIA until about eight weeks ago. CIA arranged papers for her and Summers brought her and her children to the US about a month ago. Only Summers knew where he hid her."

"What did Hassan think happened to his family?" JJ voiced her curiosity, and Gideon had the solutions, "Car accident. Bodies too disfigured to identify. Only the CIA knew it was staged until Hassan arrived in Washington until last week under diplomatic cover."

"Only someone in this unit could have given Hassan the information about his family and now he's here looking for her. But why call us?" Spencer pointed out while also having his own queries. Gideon had quite a bit of experience with the CIA, which they were unaware of. "Over the years, I've conducted psychological evaluations on every field agent in that unit."

"You work for the CIA?" Garcia's eyes widened, but Gideon shook his head. "Not officially."

"The train's running and if we stop this mission, even for a second, Aaliyah and her children are as good as dead."

This is a very important and intense case that the BAU was consulting on. Not only did they have to do their jobs and do it well, which, at times, could be difficult enough, but they also had to keep up a threatening appearance. They were working with the CIA to find the mole, but they also couldn't trust anyone there. They needed everyone to make sure that they had whoever the unsub was cornered.

That was exactly the reason why when the BAU got to the CIA building, they kept their firearms in their holsters, but made sure everyone could see it. No one in this CIA unit was safe.

All the eyes in that room locked onto the BAU as their chief met them inside. Hotch was going to introduce himself, but the man in charge was already familiarised. "Oh, don't worry, I know your team well. I've got personnel files all set up for you guys. Video, whatnot, it's all there in the conference room. Now, if you have any questions, feel free to talk to my senior officers."

He motioned to a woman sitting at her desk, who smiled up at the rest, "This is Gina Sanchez. She's the Associate Director of Field Operations. And that guy up there is Kruger Spence, the Assistant Director of Operations. The lady with him is second-in-command, Olivia Hopkins. And thank you guys for coming."

Gideon nodded to him before he motioned for his team to follow him. Gideon was familiarized with the CIA pretty well already, so he was going to be quite protective of his team, just to ensure that they were on alert as he was.