Chapter - 17

Next morning Yibo and Zhan went for their work as usual. In hospital Xiao Zhan heard someone talking about taking their family on dinner outside. He thought he should do something like this. So he booked a table in his name after checking his schedule. He could go early today. He was feeling warmth remembering the last night incident. He never thought Yibo would listen and would say few words of comfort. He thought that Yibo would say that he shouldn't be in profession of he couldn't handle it or something like that. He heard it before too. But Yibo didn't call him weak instead he told him that it's a part of being human.
In starting he wasn't ready to tell him but after eating that ice cream with Yibo , he felt he could tell him.

He was very light hearted today because of one person. He sent Yibo the address of restaurant so they could meet after their work.

It was 7:30 PM and Wang Yibo decided to  leave. Wei San and Zhang Yuexi knew about that so they wish him luck. They both were glad as they could feel Yibo was happy now than in past.

Wang Yibo reached the restaurant where Zhan asked him to come. He asked from the receptionist about their booking. After checking the booking in the name of Xiao Zhan, they lead Yibo to his reserved table.

Wang Yibo sat on table , waiting for his husband as he knew it will take time to leave the hospital. He opened the message box where Zhan had messaged him the address. A beautiful smile adored his face.

In hospital

Zhan was over the moon thinking about dinner date with his husband. But when he was about to leave suddenly he had to attend a surgery. He forgot everything about his husband and their date. He ran towards the OT with patient.

In restaurant

It's now 1:00 AM and Yibo was still waiting for Zhan. But now he wasn't happy anymore. His face was stoic but his eyes were holding a little hope in them. He was glancing at his phone time to time but meeting with disappointment everytime.

Suddenly a waiter approach to Yibo and said hesitatingly ," Sir , we are going to close. "

Yibo glanced at the waiter and then stood up .

" Thank you . Sorry for inconvenience." Yibo said and moved towards the exit.

The staff was watching Yibo with pity and sympathy.

It was late so Yibo decided to call for a cab and to his luck he got the cab. He waited for cab and then left for home. After arriving home , he went to freshen and after changing the clothes, he lie down and covered himself with quilt. As he closed his eyes a lone tear escaped .

" Stupid, idiot Yibo." Yibo mumbled, scolding himself.

Yibo curled in a ball , in night's darkness and loneliness.

In hospital

Zhan came out from OT after finishing 5 hours surgery. He was exhausted so he directly went to his office. He then noticed his phone and checked it. He found a message from Yibo asking about his whereabouts.

" Fuck ! " Zhan cursed.

" I forgot to tell him. He must have been waiting." Zhan mumbled and felt guilty.

The message was around 9: 00 PM so it was clear that Yibo waited for him atleast for one hour as they decided to meet at 8:00 PM

Zhan felt his heart squeezing, imagining how Yibo must have been waiting for him, alone.

" You are a bastard, Xiao Zhan."

It's 1:45 AM  and Yibo must be sleeping.  With this thought Zhan decided not to disturb Yibo. He will talk with him tomorrow.