Chapter 4: Stargazing

Start from the beginning

Robbie nervously walked over and stood on the shield, extremely aware of his proximity to Sage. She then offered her hand for him to hold so that she could position them in a way where Robbie could hold on to her and not fall off. Robbie's goggles kept flusteredly ticking, something Sage questioned internally. She knew the particular ticking of when he was anxious, It ticked normally when he was calm, happy or concentrated, but this ticking was new to her. Robbie didn't seem concerned about it so she didn't outwardly question him. Plus, she was more worried about the possibility of him getting a fever due to how flushed his face was.

Anyway, Sage took hold of Robbie's hands and placed them over her abdomen in a way which looked like Robbie was embracing her from behind.

At this point, Robbie was certain he was was most definitely going to pass out.

Sage had a firm grip on the reins attached to the sand seal as she placed her other hand over Robbie's hands to make sure he wouldn't fall off in case his hands slipped. (A/N: oh who am I kidding, its just an excuse for her to hold hands with him) Everyone briskly tugged the reins and the sand seals swam through the sand. Sage did the same as Robbie let out a 'Woah!' at the sudden movement and closed his eyes.

Gaining momentum through the sand, Robbie kept his eyes closed and subconsciously held on tighter to Sage. Sage simply smiled at the absolute thrill she always felt when sand seal surfing. It brought her childhood memories of when she used to race with the other Gerudo.

"LETS GOOOOO! CHECK IIIITTT!" Purah exclaimed as she enjoyed the ride. Robbie heard her and immediately opened his eyes. He was still startled at the speed, but watched Purah yelling in excitement and Link expressing the fun he was having with a chuckle. On his other side, he could see the princess holding on to Urbosa while admiring the unique view of the desert. Robbie was able to calm down while watching everyone and began to enjoy the experience.

He turned his head from side to side, admiring the vast horizon of the desert and the clear sky. He laughed along with Purah and Link, also yelling out an "OH YEAH!"

He discreetly took the opportunity to observe Sage's features at this proximity. Being a few inches taller than her, he could observe her without her noticing. He watched as her diamond circlet caught the sun rays and made her skin radiant under the sun. She expressed true happiness through her eyes as they gleamed. Robbie found that she became even more beautiful in this moment. He could also faintly smell the palm fruit of her curly hair as it tousled because of the wind and speed.

Nearing Kara Kara Bazaar, his eyes widened as he caught sight of Vah Naboris in the distance and chuckled with glee as the beast got larger the closer they got.

Once there, the researchers got to work on Vah Naboris as Sage and Link were tasked with getting refreshments for the day. Sage took the opportunity to talk with some of her Gerudo friends to catch up.

When the researchers were finished, they let Urbosa take Vah Naboris for a test ride. She let everyone aboard as this might be the only chance in a lifetime they could ever be inside a divine beast. The princess was the most excited, but Sage was incredibly excited as well, but could hide it better than most.

The inside of the divine beast was more intricate than she thought. It left her intrigued as to how her ancestors were capable of building a machine of such enormous scale. Robbie took the opportunity to briefly explain the function of each part and how it all contributed to the movement and electric generation of Vah Naboris before Purah interrupted him and explained some things herself. She watched as the mother that raised her, Urbosa, bravely piloted the divine beast. Sage could hear the machinery moving and the entire area shaking with each step Naboris took. She carefully managed to reach the railing where she could see the expanse of the desert. From her vantage point she spotted a monster camp. "Hey! I see a huge monster camp to the west!" she announced.