January Challenge - Suspense At Your Doorstep [Closed]

Let's start the year with some bone-chilling suspense, shall we?

Once you have completed the story, post the link here in the comments, if you forget to post the link or do it after the deadline, it won't be accepted. 

You can publish the story as a chapter of your Short story collection if you have any of those. If you are writing poetry, it can be a chapter of your Poetry book. 

Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Word limit: 500-1000 words

Deadline: 31st January 11 P.M [EST]

Prompts: 

1) In a renowned concert hall, a legendary composer's final, unfinished symphony is said to bring great power to those who complete it. A struggling musician discovers the missing notes and is thrust into a world of musical intrigue, dark legacies, and a race against time.

2) You are invited to a secluded mansion for a gathering, but when you arrive, they find one of the guests murdered in a locked room. With no apparent way for the killer to escape, you must unravel the alibis and motives of the other guests to solve the crime.

3) An old, peculiar key from a deceased relative is found all of a sudden under the bed. Your protagonist soon realizes that the key unlocks a hidden room in their family's mansion, revealing long-buried secrets and a connection to a series of unsolved crimes in the town.

4) "Some secrets are best remain hidden" - Write a story exploring this line.

5) While cleaning out their attic,  an old diary that belonged to a stranger is discovered. As the words hidden in the pages are discovered, more mysteries start to unravel. 

6) A package arrives at your protagonist's house, but they didn't order anything. Write about what happens next.

7) Write a poem about how you found a bloody knife and what happened to you after you followed the trail.

8) Write a poem about the story of 'The Lady in White' and how you can resonate with her.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.