Chapter-3 Failed To Move

The days had quickly turned into a week since Haseena started working as Anubhav's secretary. She had grown accustomed to Anubhav's teasing, although she tried to maintain a neutral stance whenever he complimented her. Despite her heart fluttering, Haseena knew Anubhav had a girlfriend, and she understood that she was just a fragment of his past. She considered Anubhav's playful behavior to be a continuation of their old dynamic, back when she was still his student. Haseena admitted to herself that her feelings for Anubhav hadn't changed. Not a bit.

With a heavy step, Haseena entered the office building, convinced that her handsome boss was already at his desk. She found it puzzling how Anubhav was so engrossed in his work. Every day, he left the office no earlier than 7 p.m. and sometimes as late as 10 p.m. The previous Saturday, they had left the office at 5 p.m., despite other employees having left at noon. As his secretary, Haseena always had to wait until Anubhav finished his work.

Luckily, her apartment was conveniently close to the office, just about 500 meters away. It only took her 10 minutes to get there on her scooter.

Anubhav pretended to be engrossed in his work as he heard Haseena's footsteps approaching. His workaholic tendencies had intensified, but now he was even crazier. He deliberately lingered at the office just to spend more time with Haseena. At least this way, he could gaze at her face for an entire day.

"Good morning, Mr. Anubhav!" Haseena greeted him politely before taking her seat at her desk. In truth, Haseena felt uncomfortable sharing a room with her boss. It was Anubhav's request, and she couldn't refuse. Daniya was surprised to learn that Haseey and Anubhav were sharing a room, as Anubhav had never agreed to share his workspace with his secretaries before. Anubhav didn't like his privacy being disrupted.

"Good morning, Haseena!" Anubhav replied briefly without looking up.

"Please let me read out your schedule for today," Anubhav instructed after about 15 minutes of Haseena's arrival.

"Of course, Mr. Anubhav!" Opening her agenda book, Haseena proceeded to read out Anubhav's schedule for the day, which she had prepared the day before.

"Okay, thank you," Anubhav responded after Haseena had briefed him on his schedule. He had two client meetings lined up for the day.

"Mr. Anubhav, may I have your permission to take a break for lunch?" Haseena requested as her lunch break approached. But just as she was about to touch the door handle, Anubhav called out to her.

"Let's have lunch here. I've already placed a delivery order. We'll meet with the clients at 2 p.m. so we won't be late, and you can pray in my private room!" Anubhav suggested calmly.

"What? Your room?" Haseena was shocked and turned to face Anubhav, visibly irritated.

"Yes, my room. Is that a problem? It's more efficient for you to pray here than having to go to the third floor. We'll save time," Anubhav explained, pulling out a remote control from his desk drawer. Haseena was surprised as a bookshelf in the room shifted, revealing a door behind it. Curious, Haseena followed Anubhav into the room. She was amazed by the clean, white ambiance of the space. The room consisted of a king-sized bed, a bathroom, and a desk. Above the bed hung a large and unique abstract painting. The room brought back memories of five years ago when she had spent three nights with Anubhav in Bali.

The sound of the large curtains being drawn interrupted her admiration. Through the large window, Haseena could see the bustling city of Surabaya. She imagined the twinkling city lights at night, a sight that must be truly beautiful from where she stood.

"I spend a lot of time here," Anubhav's voice brought her back from her reverie. Haseena felt nervous as she heard Anubhav's gentle voice.

"Would you like to freshen up first? There's a towel in the cupboard." Anubhav gave Haseena a flat look before removing his jacket and shirt, leaving them on the bed. Haseena's heart raced even faster as she looked at Anubhav's well-defined chest beneath the sleeveless shirt. She quickly looked away, feeling her cheeks heat up, as Anubhav disappeared behind the bathroom door.

Under the soothing spray of the shower, Anubhav tried to calm the sudden turmoil inside him. He had initially intended to perform ablutions, but he found himself deciding to take a full shower due to the sudden warmth in his body. Anubhav wondered why being near Haseena always made him feel like this. It was a feeling he couldn't quite identify. Anubhav was reminded of his past love story with Haseena, one that had never really ended. He longed to ask Haseena about it directly, but his ego seemed to hold him back.

Five years ago...

"Miss Haseena?" Anubhav called out, rushing towards Haseena with a slightly breathless voice before bending over and holding his knees.

"Why are you here, Anubhav? Where are you going? And who are you with?" Haseena bombarded Anubhav with rapid-fire questions, her eyes focused on Anubhav as he caught his breath.

"Is it fate, Miss? Oh, by the way, now that I'm not Miss's student anymore, can I call you Haseena?" Anubhav teased, noticing Haseena's surprised expression.

"Whatever suits you!" Haseena replied casually before quickly leaving. Being her student for just a month and a half had been troublesome enough, and now she was unexpectedly running into Anubhav at the Ngurah Rai Bali Airport.

"I'm serious, Haseena. Will you marry me?" Anubhav asked, pulling Haseena's hand and embracing her.

"You're still talking about marriage, huh? Focus on your studies first!" Haseena responded while trying to break free from Anubhav's embrace. But Haseena's efforts to push Anubhav away were in vain. Unintentionally, she found herself smiling, enjoying the faint fluttering in her heart.

"Here, I'll carry this for you!" Anubhav took Haseena's backpack from her and placed it on the bed before guiding her towards the exit of the airport.

"Let go, Anubhav. Where are we even going?" Haseena squirmed, trying to free herself from Anubhav's grasp.

"Just come along, or should I carry you?" Anubhav teased with a mischievous grin, making Haseena shudder with dread as she shook her head.

They eventually arrived at a luxurious resort near Kuta Beach. As Haseena realized where they were, panic set in. Her panic subsided when Anubhav led her to a room and placed her backpack on the bed.

"For the next three days, you're mine, baby!" Anubhav's words echoed as he closed the door behind him.

Haseena had planned to spend a three-day vacation in Bali before returning to Kalimantan. Spending a vacation with her former student was a bit entertaining, she thought.

That evening, Haseena and Anubhav walked along the beach, watching the sunset. They held hands like a couple in love, and with Haseena's youthful appearance and Anubhav's tall frame, they didn't resemble a teacher and student. They looked more like lovers.

After dinner, they returned to the resort, spending time reminiscing about their school days. But as Haseena stood to say goodnight, Anubhav suddenly pulled her hand, causing her to fall onto his chest. They locked eyes, and before they knew it, their lips met in a soft kiss. Haseena's heart resisted, but her body succumbed to Anubhav's embrace, sending her spiraling into a night where something precious was taken from her by Anubhav.

As she stretched, Haseena felt a pain in her lower body. Suddenly, she burst into hysterical tears, realizing that she was naked beneath the blanket.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Anubhav was startled by Haseena's cries.

"It's okay, you can calm down. I'll take full responsibility, sweetheart. I truly love you!" Anubhav hugged Haseena, trying to soothe her panic. Last night, Anubhav had lost control, though he had intended to pursue a serious relationship with Haseena. However, he wasn't ready for marriage yet; he still had his dreams to chase.

Flashback off...

The door to the bathroom opened wide, and Haseena was momentarily stunned by Anubhav stepping out, clad only in a towel wrapped around his waist. She hurriedly entered the bathroom, her heart racing with nervousness.

After her prayers, Haseena rushed out of Anubhv 's private room. Meanwhile, Anubhav was still engrossed in a lengthy prayer, asking for forgiveness for the sins he had committed. Was this a sign? With Haseena's presence by his side, did he have a chance to make amends for his past mistakes? Anubhav believed that everything was a positive omen.

That's all for today guys....
Sorry for late update.. My exams were there the whole month so I couldn't update...
So now on I will update regular so stay tuned... And don't forget to shower ur love to the story...
Bye bye 👋
See you soon...