Hanni sighed heavily.

No matter what, and despite her ego talking, Minji was supposed to be her priority. She had bound herself to her wife after the holy vow she declared on their wedding. Yes, Minji gave her approval regarding her career. She said she wouldn't have it any other way. Minji didn't want Hanni to stay at home doing nothing. But a job always came with responsibility. She never wished her case became so complicated and consumed all of her time and mind. Did she wish Minji would understand that? Absolutely, yes. Nevertheless, Minji was her wife and she needed her.

She was supposed to be my priority.

Her anger subsided at the sight. She bent down to give Minji a kiss on her cheek.

"I miss you." She whispered lowly. She caressed the corner of Minji's mouth lightly and placed a soft peck on it.

"I really, really miss you."

She could never stay mad at Minji. The recent issue plus stressful work life took over their judgement and made the problem run for too long. She realized she was at fault too. She had handled her latest case for more or less eight months now. Everything was fine before the case leaked to the public and it cost her everything, especially Minji. Thankfully, the battle between her client and the government finally found a bright spot. Today was the last court and she couldn't be happier for that.

Hanni quietly cleaned the mess and cooked some breakfast for Minji. It had been a while since the last time she did it. She made Minji's favorite: crispy bacon with cheese and omelette.

As she was done with cooking, she placed Minji's clothes neatly on their bed then took a shower. Hanni was already in her working attire when Minji walked into their bedroom. They fell into awkward silence. Neither of them knew what to say.

"Ready for work?" Minji asked to break the ice.

"Yeah," Hanni replied as she continued applying some make up.

"What time do you plan to come home?"

"Five- maybe six, why?"

Hanni took her purse as she stole the last glance to the mirror. "We have a lot to talk about. I'll try to be home before seven."

"Sure," She answered curtly.

"Look, Minji... I'm trying, okay? We'll work it out somehow."

"Okay."

"I have to go. There's breakfast in the kitchen. I love you."

Minji smiled a little when Hanni set a quick peck on her lips.

"I love you, too."

The inviting smell came across her nose when she walked into the kitchen. Minji was quite pleased at the sight of the nice breakfast she had been longing for a while.

"We'll work it out. Hanni.”

******

Today was Minji's polyclinic schedule. There weren't many patients and she was grateful for that. She had time to think about what was going on between Hanni and her. She was scared to death to get pregnant. She had thought through it, her body and soul screamed no to that idea.

"There's always adoption," She mumbled to herself.

"But it will be better if we have them on our own." She heaved a breath.

"Dr. Kim, a patient for you." A nurse stepped into the room then handed her a folder of medical records.

"Mr. Lee JaeJong, come on in."