xi. flowers from a friend

Zacznij od początku

The referee called for next round and Robby quickly snapped out of his meditation and immediately blocked Hawk's kick. He pushed the boy away from him and stepped back.

Hawk ran for Robby, throwing a single kick at him that Robby blocked with his hand. Robby went to punch Hawk in the face, but Hawk leaned back and dodged it. Robby spun around and lifted his leg, kicking Hawk in the face instead.

Hawk fell to the ground and the referee raised his hand closest to Robby. "One point, Keene!" The referee screamed as Hawk started to get up off the ground. Robby turned his head and locked eyes with Molly. He winked before turning back to his opponent.

Molly was confused by the wink. She didn't know Robby that well for him to do that in her opinion.

But Hawk didn't see Mollys reaction to the wink. He only saw Robby wink at Molly and his anger started to grow. He got in Robby's face, mumbling a few words that no one on the sidelines could hear from where they stood. Molly tried her hardest to lip read, but gave up once she saw Robby mumble something back.

Robby turned to walk back to his spot on the stage and while his back was turned, Hawk ran up to Robby, kicking his shoulder. Robby screamed in pain and Molly gasped, her hands flying to her mouth as the referee pushed Hawk back. "Illegal contact! You're disqualified!"

Hawk pushed himself away from the referee. "This is bullshit!" He yelled as Johnny jumped on to the stage and ran for Robby. Molly's brows furrowed watching the man interact with the boy. Suddenly, Molly thought back to the night before.

"You live here?"

"It's a beaut. Isn't it?"

"Yeah... My dad lives there."

"Holy shit." Molly whispered, realization almost knocking her off her feet. She watched as the referee pulled Johnny off of Robby. Johnny walked backwards and rammed into Hawk. He slapped the boys chest and glared at him.

"What the hell were you thinking, man?" Johnny yelled, but Hawks glare didn't falter. He walked up to Johnny and scoffed as he got in his face. "What was I supposed to do? Be a pussy?" Hawk asked. He was close enough for Molly to hear him.

Molly looked at Hawk as he walked back towards her and the rest of the team with wide eyes. Just as he was about to hop off the stand and stand beside Molly, Molly stepped away from him.

That's when Hawks proud smirk faltered. He watched Molly as his eyes softened. She looked scared of him. Molly turned her head and watched Robby run out of the room and down the hall to the locker rooms.

Molly didn't give Hawk another look. Instead, she followed Robby.

"With that disqualification, Keene earns a trip to the finals. We'll see him back here after a short break." Daryl yelled as Molly walked down the hallway.

Her steps slowed as she got closer and closer to the locker room. Robby was sitting on one of the benches, rubbing his shoulder in pain. He hadn't noticed Molly yet.

"Are you okay?" Molly asked as she walked completely into the locker room. Robby's head shot up and he relaxed once he realized the person who had walked in was Molly.

He looked back down at his shoulder and groaned. It looked out of its socket. "My shoulder is killing me." He muttered as Molly walked further into the locker room.

She stood at the edge of the bench Robby sat on, not knowing if she should sit down or not.

"Can I check it out?" Molly offered. Her voice went a little higher than normal as the inner corner of her eyebrows raised. Robby looked up at Molly and chuckled. "Are you secretly a doctor or something?" He asked.