Chapter 0

2018 December 25th - 12:03 AM

Shinjuku, Tokyo - Japan

Snow.

It's beginning to snow.

I've always enjoyed snow, especially during Christmas. It's the perfect excuse to put on your favorite ugly Christmas sweater, bundle under a blanket or two with a cup of cocoa and some of your snacks, and then watch all the Christmas movie classics in a single sitting.

I'm sure Fushiguro and Kugisaki would've been there.

Fushiguro probably would've pushed the movie into the background for himself, likely taking a keener interest in a book, using this downtime as an opportunity to finish off the stacks of literature he had piled up while sipping away on a coffee as dark as his hair. Either way, he would've been there.

Kugisaki definitely took advantage of all the Christmas sales, blabbing about how much money she had saved after buying the latest designer-brand fashion, washing the sound of the movie away with her own chat, maybe arguing with Fushiguro as he'd say to keep it down as it's: "Too early for this nonsense." Either way, she would've been there.

I could even picture Gojo-sensei making an appearance, wearing a Santa hat, a fake white beard, and doing his best attempt at a terrible Santa impression, he'd also be carrying a small sack of presents. Probably full of souvenirs from his most recent travels across wherever he just came from, either way, he would've been there.

Afterward, we'd all maybe exchange and open some gifts, eat some festive food, then we'd meet up with the second-years and hit the town, attending the local Christmas festivals going on. Do some last-stop Christmas shopping, but this time with everybody. It'd be a fun experience, after all, everyone would've been there.

But they won't.

They can't.

They're gone.

Extending my hands out to catch some of the falling snow, their flakes periodically land and dissipate just above my fingers - melting from the presence of my raging, yet still, cursed energy. I let my gaze rise toward the sky, eyeing down the raining snow, observing the falling white become denser and heavier as the minutes drag on.

I thought snow was supposed to be cold, why can't I feel anything?

Returning my hands to my sides, I've come to realize something.

I hate the snow.

"Kahahaha!-cough"

A deep guttural laugh interrupts my moment of thought, looking toward the possessor of the voice, I'm met with the battered and bloodied sight of the one that's cursed me from the very beginning of everything, the Disgraced One, the King of Curses-

"Sukuna."

He lay slightly perched against a piece of debris from one of the very many buildings that were destroyed between the clashes of everyone here, he could only look upon me with half a smile, as only half of his face had remained. His four arms, all eviscerated, left four nauseating bleeding stumps behind, as from his neck down, gashes, cuts, chunks of flesh missing, and bruises that were pitch black loitered his body in its entirety.

If he were a regular human, even a sorcerer, he'd be dead hundreds and hundreds of times over.

"You've done it brat! You've absolutely done it! You've brought the one who stood upon them all on his very own deathbed!"

We both knew that he was going to die. Yet, he still seems amused by this entire situation.

"Hahaha! I'm aware you've noticed it! Everyone-! Everything is gone! Your victory only came after everything was destroyed! I undoubtedly despise to admit it brat! But me and you? We're not so different after all! I became who I was after dismissing and destroying absolutely everything that came my way."

He pauses for a moment, and as his sickening grin widens further, his stare penetrates deeper into my soul.