𝟺𝟹| 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐞

Start from the beginning

Billy's eyes were now on you, brows furrowing at your stubborn retaliation while Sidney was given the chance to slowly back up against the set wall.

"Isn't Mickey supposed to be dead?" Sid questioned right as he stood from the ground, pointing his gun at Billy.

Billy was quick to spin around, not hesitating to shoot Mickey three more times. However, Mickey didn't go down without a final shot, the bullet landing directly in Billy's shoulder.

You stifled another gasp as he cried out from the pain, dropping his gun to the floor to grab the wound. Sidney used that as an opportunity to run through the fake stage door that Stu had entered from.

"Go get her, dumbass!" Billy shouted at Stu as he removed his now bloodied hand from his shoulder to pick up the gun.

Stu released you under his command, darting across the stage to the other side of the set. He maneuvered around the curtain, blocking off Sidney's exit while Billy shot a few bullets at the fake door.

During their distraction, you glanced down at Mickey who was coughing up blood as he had fallen to the ground once again. Death was surely calling his name now. Though, when you spotted the gun in his hand, your brain immediately told you to take it.

As Billy broke the door's lock, he rushed into the control room while you swiftly bent down next to Mickey. He stared up at you with bloodshot eyes, arm quivering as he raised his gun-holding hand. You thought he was attempting to take you out one final time, but instead, he allowed you to grab the weapon.

It surprised you as you slowly took it from him before his body fell limp. You swallowed the lump in your throat as his breathing gradually stopped. You hated him, but he was still your friend at one point and so was Hallie. You would mourn them— or at least the versions of them you grew to care about.

Making haste, you rose to your feet, forcing back your anxiousness as you approached the control room.

"This is fate, Sid." You heard Billy whisper as you entered the backstage area. He had his arms around Sidney with her back against his chest. "You were destined to die. Just like your whore mother."

"You're never going to get away with this." Sidney voiced, gritting her teeth.

Stu instantly spotted you upon your arrival, but he didn't say a word. He knew what you were trying to do, and he wasn't about to stop you.

"Well, that's where you're wrong," Billy stated, a sinister smirk tugging at his lips. "Thanks to Mickey's little murder spree and that cop gun he used, everything will be traced back to him. Including your death. Do you see it now, Sid? It's fate. Nothing can stop me."

"You sure about that?" Sidney asked, motioning her head toward you. Billy followed her gaze to see you pointing Mickey's gun at him.

"Don't make me do this, Billy." You pleaded with him, unable to stop your hand from shaking.

"You wouldn't." He said, smile long gone.

"You're right, I don't want to. But if this is the only way to stop you... then I will." You sniffed, wiping away the stray tears that spilt from your eyes.

"Stu," Billy glanced at his partner with a stern look, silently telling him to stop you. Stu, however, seemed to be hesitant.

"If I don't do this now, it's not just me that'll be screwed." Billy uttered, face more serious than you've ever seen. Stu's gaze panned to you as he wasn't willing to risk going to jail.

As if on cue, the sudden sound of police sirens echoing in the distance startled you. But before you could redirect your aim, it only took Stu two long strides to reach you. He knew you didn't have the guts to shoot either of them which allowed him to easily snatch Mickey's gun from you.

Salty liquid pooled in your eyes as Stu wrapped his arms around you from behind, bounding your arms to your sides as he hugged you tightly.

"Any last words?" Billy asked menacingly as he shoved his gun into its holster, replacing the weapon with his original curved knife.

Your tears were uncontrollable at this point as Sidney's eyes met yours. Her lips trembled as she silently cried, almost glad your face would be the last thing she ever saw. "...I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Say hello to your mother." Billy spat before plunging his knife into Sidney's chest.

"Sidney!" You screamed, struggling in Stu's grasp as you watched your friend collapse to the floor.

The sirens only grew louder as Stu reluctantly let you go. You scrambled over to Sidney, pressing your hands over her bleeding wound. Billy stabbed her right in the heart, yet it felt like you'd been struck there too.

"Sid! No, no, no, please!" You sobbed as her eyes rolled back before closing.

"Y/n, come on." Billy grabbed your arm, pulling you up off the ground. "We have to go."

"No! Get away!" You pushed him back, your vision blurred with anger and fear, stomach clenching in disgust.

"Oh my God," You covered your mouth as you stared down at Sidney's dead body. "This is my fault. I trusted you! God, how could I do that?!"

You allowed love to cloud your judgment when you had promised yourself never to do it again. And look at what it's cost you.

Sidney's dead.

"Y/n, please." Stu spoke softly, placing a hand on your shoulder. You flinched under his touch, moving away from him.

"Don't touch me. Just go." You breathed out, glaring at the two. "I'm not going with you. I'd rather die. So, just leave."

"Y/n, I'm not—" Billy started only for you to cut him off.

"Go before the police show up. You may have finished this, but that doesn't mean you can't still go to jail." You spoke threateningly to show you weren't fucking around this time.

The two shared an unfathomable look with each other before finally backing off. You knew it wasn't over, yet. The police showing up would only give you a head start. But that didn't mean you were free from them forever.

You waited for the two to escape the theatre before falling to your knees again. The sobs you'd been fighting back tore from your throat as you stared down at Sidney's lifeless body.

"I'm sorry, Sid. I am so so sorry." You rested a hand against her cheek, praying she'd open her eyes. But you knew she wouldn't. Not ever.

"Y/n!"

Your head shot up at the voice to find Dewey rushing into the room with Gale and a few other officers. Their worried expressions shifted into one much worse as they spotted Sidney next to you.

"Oh my God!" Gale expressed her horror as Dewey limped over to you as quickly as he could.

"Dewey," you cried as he instantly pulled you into his embrace, turning you away from the body. "She's dead—Sid's dead, and it's because of me."

"No, no don't say that. It's not your fault." Dewey rubbed a hand against your back. It pained you to hear the sorrow in his voice.

"Jesus, Randy— he doesn't know!" You exclaimed, pulling away. "I have to tell him. And her dad, I have to—"

"Y/n, just calm down. I'll call her dad when we get to the hospital. Okay, just breathe." Dewey held onto your shoulders as you were nearly hyperventilating.

But you couldn't just breathe.

Billy and Stu were gone but they'd come back again. This time nothing was in their way to stop them from getting you. And you had no one to blame but yourself.