I'm still the daughter of his enemy and I will always be.

But at least he gave me a gift, even if the meaning is harsh. I have to say he does have good taste in jewelry. This piece is small but magnificent.

*****

With the Spring's Ball nearing, I've been preparing furiously for everything to be perfect.

I summoned all the best tailors I could find in order to find Alastair the perfect outfit for the ball.

I sat on the red cushioned sofa in the dressing room of the palace.

"Your Majesty, here I have the finest silks from Telluzza." The middle aged man displays his collection of little boy clothing.

"What is your favorite color?" I ask Alastair who is sitting next to me.

His face scrunches as he thinks. "I like blue and green."

"Do you have any light blues?" I say to the tailor.

"Of course, Your Majesty." He motions to a rack lined with light blue clothing.

"How about you try some on?" I tell Alastair who gets up.

The theme for the ball is pale oranges and yellows. I believe that having the royal family dressing in a pale blue will contrast nicely with it.

I just don't know how I will get the king to wear a matching set. Then again it is better if only Alastair and I match, he is just too cute.

Alastair exits the small changing set up wearing one of the outfits.

One by one he tried them all on. All of them looked splendid on him. I could die happy right now, just by watching him try on cute clothes that match him.

I never seem to have enough of him. How could Estella be so cruel to an adorable child such as him? I would protect him with my life.

"I believe we'll choose this one. It seems to be more fine and suited for the ball." I say to the tailor.

"Why thank you, Your Majesty. That is an exquisite choice." He glances at the suit I chose, pausing for a moment. "But Your Majesty, what about your dress? You must be looking for an extravagant one, yes?"

The tailor walks to a rack full of dress.

"No, a simple one will do just fine." Estella is known for being dramatic and I am no such person. But that doesn't mean I wear the plainest clothing, I like to have a balance.

"But Your Majesty, you are the host." The tailor tries to argue.

"I'll choose this one." I say ignoring him, lifting up a dress that was made of silk with a satin shine to it. The dress had mesh long sleeves and folded designs at the bodice. It is elegant and not too dramatic.

I tried the dress on and I have to say Estella looks stunning. The pale blue wonderfully matches her hair. She looks like a goddess but that is understandable because she is young. Right now she is twenty one years old, six years younger than Kyrell whose birthday will be in late June.

I also noticed that the back has a ribbon tied corset which slightly exposes my back. If I leave my hair, it won't be noticeable.

"You look beautiful, Mother." Alastair exclaims as his eyes are wide.

"Thank you, Alastair." I can't help but smile at him. His compliments warm my heart.

I turned to the tailor. "These two will do. Thank you for your service."

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Majesty." The tailor bows before leaving along with his company.

"Will we be matching at the Spring's Ball?" Alastair says, gazing between his suit and my dress.