chapter 5

At the Hotel's event

Michelle's POV

I'm now at the ball and I saw a lot of familiar faces from the business industry. I saw Ann entertaining other guests while I was still thinking about what she said yesterday, it's still bothering me, I didn't even get enough time to sleep. I went to my table and had a drink to get it off my mind. I saw Ann approaching and fixed myself.

"You okay here, Dee?"

"Yup. The place looks nice by the way"

She sat beside me and continued chitchatting about random things. She looks so beautiful with that dress, I just kept staring at her not even understanding what she says to me.

"Michelle??" She snapped her fingers on my face that startled me. "Are you even listening?"

"Uhm..sorry about that"

"Good evening everyone!" Mr. Porsild greeted. "Tonight I'll pass on some responsibilities to my daughter Anntonia." He said signaling Ann to get up. "In my long journey in the Business industry I knew that this time will come, knowing my daughter is ready and willing to continue what I started." He said   he also complimented Anntonia's skills in business in his speech and his regards. "I am now passing my responsibility to Anntonia Porsild, my daughter" everyone clapped their hands as I saw Ann ready to give her speech.

"Thank you everyone, and Thank you father for trusting me. I know that this is important to you so I'll do my best to continue your legacy. As this company gained a new successor, I'm also proud to say that we gained another partnership. This woman is intelligent, kind, and calm, she's the best partner you'll ever think of. Please let me call Ms. Michelle Marquez Dee to close this deal of ours." She called me and I went to go stand beside Anntonia.

"Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes, and I assure you that we'll have a good partnership and friendship" I looked at Mr.Porsild and Anntonia as we smiled at each other. We signed the contract and the party started.

I drank a lot already and I'm getting a bit tipsy, I admired Ann as she was dancing with her father. I went to the balcony where it's more quiet and peaceful, I have a glass of drink with me and it will be the last. The view here is beautiful, you can hear the sea hitting the shore. I finished my whine and rested my hands on the railings.

"Should I confess to Ann already?" I asked myself.

I felt warm hands wrap around my waist. I startled but I was surprised to see who it was.

"Gosh, Anntonia...you scared me" she chuckled and I can tell she was a bit tipsy too.

"Sorry.... You're so warm"

She grabbed my arms and wrapped it around her. I was shocked at what she did, but made me feel comfortable as well.

"Let's dance?" She said

"But there's no music here" I said and she quickly grabbed her phone and played Ed Sheeran's song perfect.

"There we now have music...Now can we dance??"

"You're already drank Ann"

"You don't want to dance with me?"

"No, not tha-"

"Fine. I'll go dance with someone else" she said with a pissed tone

I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her that made  her hands hold my shoulders.

"Don't.... let's dance as long as you like" I said. As we dance with the moon as our only source if light. We were looking eye to eye while swaying with the songs beat.

"Why do you look handsome and beautiful at the same time?"

Is this a sign to tell her how I feel towards her?
I'll do it!

"Well..because I'm in love" I said

She stopped dancing as she looked at me intensely

"With who?...well it's none of my business. But that girl is lucky" she said with a disappointed tone.

She pulled away and was about to leave.

Anntonia's POV

Michelle just told me that she was already in love with someone. I felt jealous and disappointed at the same time so I pulled away from her. My tears were ready to come out of my eye, and I knew she saw it.

"Hey wait" she grabbed my wrist once again. "What's wrong? Ann tell me, please..." I was holding my tears of disappointment.

"Nothing I just thought that...that girl would be so lucky to have you and...?

"And??"

"Nothing, forget about it" I was about to say that I am jealous.

"Okay, but do you know who it is?"

"I don't wanna know Michelle, I'm happy for you" I weakly smiled as I was about to leave but she didn't let me go. I was so confused and she was looking at me.

She chuckled. Why would she laugh in a situation like this? I am very confused as of now.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Are you jealous?" I was stunned by her unexpected question.

"NO! Why would I be. Look Michelle I'm tired I want to go to my room and lay-.."

"You're the woman I was referring to," she sighed. "You're the one that makes me happy, and makes me feel this way." I was so stunned to speak that all I could do was to look at her.

"Ann?, I'm sorry if I said this all of a sudden, I just thought that this is the perfect time to tell you what I feel. You don't have to love me back Ann, I was prepared if ever this day would come." She smiled at me and was about to leave.

"I-I also..love you Dee" she stopped and looked at me.

"What did you say?"

"I also love you. The first time I saw you I felt this strange connection. I love when we spend our time together and I'm always happy when I'm with you and-" I didn't get to finish what I want to say as she hugged me so tight, I hugged her back.
She pulled away and did a little celebration with her hands that made me chuckle. I was so happy. All along I thought I had no chance.

"You love me?!!" She asked again with a smile on her face while holding my shoulders.

"Yes. I LOVE YOU MICHELLE MARQUEZ DEE"

She hugged me again and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, thank you, thaaannkk youuu" she Said as she kissed my forehead and both of my cheeks. It made me chuckle. "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE" she said.

"Thank you Ann, I LOVE YOU!"

HAVE YOU'RE VITAMIN DEE EVERYONE