Chapter 2

Edited 3/8/17

The next morning Bella woke me up and went downstairs to make breakfast. I picked out our outfits keeping in mind what Bella liked and got changed. When I went downstairs Bella was finished and went upstairs to get changed. When I was finished eating I brushed my teeth and did my hair. When I was done Bella went into the bathroom and came out five minutes later. We got in the truck and drove to school. When we pulled into a parking space people started to look at us and laugh. "Nice ride" someone commented. "Thanks" Bella said.

When we got to the main office we found out that Charlie had pulled some strings and we had most of our classes together. I think Mom told him about me not talking. We were looking for our first class when someone came up to us. "You're Isabella and Gabriella Swan the new girls. Hi, I'm Eric the eyes and ears of this place. Um... anything you need? Tour guide? Lunch date? Shoulder to cry on?" He asked us. "Uh, we're more of the suffer in silence type." His eyes brightened. "Great headline for the future. I'm on the paper and you guys made the front page." What!!! On the paper! Okay, Gabs breathe just breathe. Bella will say something, she'll say something. Well, what are you waiting for, say something! I guess my expression said what I was thinking because Bella started stuttering and babbling. "No, we're not. Please don't..." "No problem, no feature." Bella and I let out a breath we had been holding and went to our first class.

I was with Bella until third period, when she had gym, and I had art. "Don't kill yourself. Be careful. See you at lunch." I whispered to her. She nodded her head and went our separate ways. When I got to the classroom the teacher asked for my slip and then looked for a place to seat me. Luckily I was early and he didn't ask me to introduce myself. "Miss. Cullen, please raise your hand so Gabriella knows where to sit please." Miss. Falardeau said. A girl with pale skin and short, spiked black hair raised her hand. When I sat down next to her she smiled and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Alice. You're the twin of Isabelle right?" I nodded my head. "I love your outfit and your hair. Is it natural?" I nodded my head again. Before she could ask me any more questions the bell rang and class started.

Apparently, today was a free draw so we could draw anything we wanted. I ended up drawing a picture of blue roses. I put a lot of detail into the shadowing and put orange in the background to make the blue of the roses stand out. "Wow, Gabriella! That looks great!" Alice complimented me. "Thanks" I said very quietly. For some reason when someone compliments me I feel like I have to thank them. The bell rang signaling the end of class. "Hey since you're new do you want to sit with me and my family at lunch. I mean you probably don't have all the same friends as your sister and it would be awkward for you." I nodded my head. I'll just sit with Bella tomorrow. I'll talk to her before so that I'm not ditching her.

My class before lunch flew by and before I knew it it was time for lunch. I knew that Bella had history at the other side of the building so I waited for her outside the cafe. When I saw her coming I pulled her to the side and told her what I was going to do. She nodded her head in understanding and went inside. When I was getting my food I saw Bells looking at me so I added a bottle of water and a salad to my lunch. I saw her slightly nod her head and she turned back to her friends. Well, Bella, you're gonna have to do more than that to make me a vegetarian. I thought as I added half a ham sandwich to my tray. I looked around the cafe for Alice when I see her sitting at a table with four other people, waving me over. I took a deep breath and walked over.

"Everyone I would like you to meet Gabriella. She's in my art class." Alice said chippered. Everyone said an awkward hello and went back to what they were doing. Alice talked to me for a little while. I think she figured out that I didn't talk much because she didn't ask me any questions for which I was thankful. I noticed that Bella kept looking in this direction. I wonder how gym went? I'll ask her later. Let's hope no one got hurt. "Do you want to come over-" Before Alice could finish her sentence she was cut off by the bell. I got up, waved goodbye, and walked over to Bella. "We have Biology next right?" She asked me. I nodded my head and Mike, Bella's friend, walked us to Biology.

"Oh yes, Miss Swan and Miss Swan." The teacher said. Bella walked forward by a fan. I noticed that when the fan blew her hair, Edward, who had biology with us, became stiff and brought a hand to cover his nose. Bella looked upset and walked over to the teacher with me following her. "Hi, do you have a pass?" She handed him our passes and he gave us our books. "I have a seat for you right here. And Gabriella a seat for you in the back." I looked at Bella, wide-eyed. "Um... You see my sister is...um...well" she tried to explain but before she could, she was interrupted. "Don't worry Bella, I'll look after her." Mike said. I guess he was my lab partner. "Um...well. Gabby doesn't..." She looked at me, asking for permission to tell him. I sighed inwardly and nodded my head. She looked relieved and whispered to Mike that I don't talk much and if you wanted me to talk you had to gain my trust. Mike smiled and told her not to worry. The rest of the class consisted of me taking two sets of notes because I noticed that Bella wasn't taking any. Right before the bell rang Edward stormed out. I gave a small smile to Mike and went over to Bella. She looked distraught. I handed her her notes.

She thanked me and we went to the office to give in our slips. When we got there Edward was there trying to switch classes. He looked at Bella. "Fine, I'll just have to endure it." With that, he stormed out. Bella looked like she was going to cry. I took the slip from her hand as she walked out. I gave them to the receptionist, smiled, and ran after Bella.