Susan smiled and tugged on Eden's shoulders. “Did you see that Eden? Lionel has changed.” Eden didn't reply to that and turned her eyes back to the TV when another reporter asked another question.

“Mr Bluebird, can you tell us what's your relationship with Miss Eden Quinn?”

“Rumors has it that back then she was your first wife, is that true?”

Eden's heart thumped at the question. Her eyes did stare deep against the screen. Her green eyes aiming like a sniper towards Lionel's unfazed brown orbs. She unknowingly squeezed Susan's arm while waiting for a response. Murmurings we're heard admists the reporters. Eden could guess what they were all saying under their breaths. How can a renowned businessman like Lionel Bluebird marry a plain red haired stylist? She even heard one of the reporters whisper how it was impossible.

Lionel had already been ashamed of her in the past. This wasn't the first time people looked at her differently. Although it would have been different back then if Lionel had actually not been ashamed of her. All she ever wanted was to be by Lionel's side till death, that's the vow she made at the altar.

Eden didn't expect Lionel to respond. To say she wasn't surprised was the actual truth. Whenever Lionel got to the press and media and such questions arose, he would rather keep silent and sometimes just respond with a 'no comment'.

“Is it also true that she was a waitress back then and you two ended things seeing as you two weren't compatible, please we need answers Mr Bluebird”

“Do you think he'll speak up?” Susan turned to Eden and the latter didn't stray her eyes away from the TV. “Lionel would never speak up.” She replied dryly. This scene only drew her back down memory lane. Memories of pain once Lionel began making a name for himself and he sent their marriage to hell. And Eden sometimes wonder if truly money was much stronger than her love. Where did she go wrong if not that she wasn't a genius at school and a girl with auburn hair.

Cameras flash on screen and Lionel takes a deep breath. He stares right at the camera precisely his eyes clashing with that of Eden's.

“It's true. It's true that Eden and I were once married. It's true that Eden was my first wife and my ex. But it is also true that I was responsible for ending our marriage back then three years ago. I was foolish. I was an idiot to let go of such a gem of a woman like Eden...”

Eden who didn't know that she had held her breath all this whole finally sucked in hair. She couldn't believe her ears and thought she was only hearing things. Susan smiled while rubbing Eden's shoulders. This was the first time ever since Lionel made a name for himself did he acknowledge her. It had never happened before. Most of the times Lionel never took her with him for his events and functions. The last time he took her to one of his spontaneous events was the day their marriage was thrown into the trash.

Eden didn't know how to feel about all of this. The same Lionel who only knew how to degrade her and put her down was regretting ever leaving her and that too in front of the whole world.

“Eden is a wonderful woman. She was my better half and I was too blind to see it back then. I ended our marriage because I was stupid. I was an idiot for doing so. What kind of a man and husband leaves his heavily pregnant wife all alone to fend for herself? What kind of man does that to a woman? A scoundrel! A asshole and a scumbag. That man was me. I left her to raise our little girl Mia for three years. Money, fame and power blindsided me and made me degrade my own wife and kick her to the curb. Eden....” This time Lionel looked at the camera with his eyes red but no tears.

Eden popped out her eyes. It was really happening. It wasn't a dream. How long had she longed for this. For him to come back to her. For him to realize his wrongdoings all this time. She didn't mind waiting for him even after three years. Her love for him was endless and even three whole years couldn't take away her love for him. She waited and even after attaining her online degree, she would believe Lionel would see her differently. But all that dream and hope shattered once she found out he was married.

Everything shattered and broke into pieces like sharded glass. Nothing could be fixed anymore if broken. She didn't want him to do this in front of the world but to her in person. After finding out about his marriage, she believed that Lionel had easily moved on in his life and forgotten all about her.

“Eden, am sorry. Am very sorry that I couldn't value your love for me. My love for you was so shallow back then that my money made it even more shallow and eventually disappear. I want to make things right and I stand here to silence all accusations against you. You're completely innocent here and didn't betray Monique. This is our private matter and the investigation concerning the leaked video is already ongoing and I swear to punish the culprit so severely that they dared to mess with me and the most important person in my.... heart.” Lionel said calmly before adding, “That is all. Thank you.”

Susan squealed and side hugged Eden who was still in shock. “You see! I told you Lionel's changed. He wants to make things right. I mean look! He publicly blamed himself for you two breaking up. He also publicly apologized to you and cleared every misconceptions about you being the other woman in his life. Now everyone knows that he's divorced and that you were his wife even before Monique. His first love girl. If that's not some change, then I don't know what is.”

Eden turned to stare at Susan completely speechless. She didn't know what to say or how to react to it all. A little guilty of how she had accused him earlier of being responsible for drugging her. It was all too much to take in. She hadn't expected the self absorbed and proud Lionel Bluebird to publicly apologize to her. Was he really changing? Could Susan be making sense? She thought.

With all of these, Eden breathe out a sigh of relief. Minutes later all news and meme stickers and posters about her on all social platforms and news channels were taken down with immediate effect after Lionel's statement. There was news of all the guests present at the engagement were being issued warrants to report to the station for questioning. A few days had passed since Lionel's public speaking and everything seemed fine. The investigation was still ongoing and they had caught the person who had planted the camera in the room.

It was the same woman who had gotten to go in Paulina's place at the engagement party who was responsible for planting the camera. The lady had completely disappeared without a trace. Paulina was questioned and she gave a statement about not being aware of why her assistant did what she did. Suspicious murmurs were everywhere but for Eden, her life had finally gone back to normal. Souqueline didn't fire her and she was back to work again.

Eden had finished her work for the day and was heading back home. She chose to stop by the mall. She was very happy because Mia was returning back from her little trip with Susan's sister. She wanted to get some toys and Mia's favourite ice cream when Susan's call reached her phone.

“Hello Susan? Is Mia back?” She asked.

“Yes she is. She's jumping around and waiting for you to come home.” Susan chuckled.

“By the way it's been days now since the.... You know what I mean.” Susan said.

Eden knew where Susan was headed. Even Eden knew she had to. At least to thank him for what he had done for her. It was thanks to him that she got her life back. After Lionel's statement with the press and coming out with the whole truth, she hadn't contacted him ever since and Lionel didn't call her either. She knew it was her part to call him at least to say thank you but somehow she couldn't find the words to say to him.

“You know you have to girl. He did that much just for you.” Susan added.

Eden rubbed the back of her head with a nervous humming. “I'll talk to him....”

“Eden?” A very familiar voice behind her made Eden turn around immediately. Still in shock, she managed to speak. “Juilan?”

Happy New Year guys. So sorry am late again but I hope to return back here to update this story frequently. Also please check out my other story here TAINTED POSSESSION and my new story on Goodnovel MISTRESS and my other book HIS HEARTBROKEN WIFE. Your support is needed here and please follow my page here for faster updates. Hope to see you guys soon.

Plus what's your take on today's chapter? Love to hear your thoughts.