Before the storm 🌊

Beginne am Anfang

Suddenly, two small arms wrap around Michael's leg and his smile reappears on his face when he turns around and looks into his daughter's beaming face. Setting his briefcase down, he picks up the giggling y/n and kisses all over her face, making her giggles only grow. "Hi my little princess." He speaks in a sweet voice and ruffles through her hair. Lucy comes running towards them, panting after chasing her sister around the house, "Daddy you're home!" Scooping Lucy up in his arms as well, he walks through the back door inside the house while carrying both of his daughters in his arms. His wife follows him and leaves the door open for some fresh air before walking into the kitchen and tying the apron around her waist.

Michael kneels down to his daughters to be at their eye level, "Did you help mama in the garden today?" Both of the girls nod fast before running away again to play with their dolls. Chuckling at this, Michael stands up again and walks over to Lilith in the kitchen where she's already slicing up some cucumbers. Wrapping his arms around her from behind, he pulls her to his chest and lowers his head to whisper in her ear, "You always work so hard. Let me make it up to you." His hands glide from her waist over to her hips and down her thighs. Gently pushing his hands away she replies, "Later. I'm busy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, Lilith and Michael carry the plates to the sink and begin their routine; Lilith always cleans them and Michael dries them. The girls already ran off to their rooms to continue playing with new toys they got from Michael. "Darling? You wanted to speak with me about something," Lilith finally speaks up and looks at her husband whose smile drops. Sighing, he puts down the towel in his hand and crosses his arms across his chest, "The company is shutting down. I don't have a job anymore." Gasping, Lilith puts a hand over her mouth and moves closer to her husband. "I am so sorry, love...is there anything I can do to help?" She places her warm hand on his bicep and rubs it comfortingly. Michael only shakes his head and wraps his arms around her waist to pull her close. His right hand cups the back of her head and together, they sway slowly in the silence of the kitchen. 

Tucking the girls into bed is always a hard task but by some miracle, their running this afternoon really made them tired a lot and their eyes get heavy as soon as their heads touch the pillows. "G'night daddy. I love you," Lucy mumbles already half asleep before closing her eyes finally and drifting off to sleep. Michael can only smile softly at his eldest daughter, the crushing news still hard on him. In his mind, he keeps replaying his boss's words. Y/n seems to take notice of that despite her exhaustion, "Everything okay daddy?" her tiny hand reaches out to caress her father's clean shaved cheek with a worried expression.

"Everything is fine princess," he replies and leans down to give her forehead a light kiss. "Let daddy handle everything and everything is going to be fine." With that, he kisses y/n's cheek and watches her drift off to sleep as well before exiting the room. Lucy and y/n are sharing one room because the house only has 7 small rooms including a kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, the master bedroom, the kids' bedroom, and the small study for Michael.

Walking down the creaking staircase, he sees his wife sitting at the table with a steaming cup of tea in her hand, on the table are old newspapers scattered out. "Dove? What's this about?" Smiling at the pet name he has called her since they started to date many years ago, she sets her mug down and gestures for him to sit down. "We're looking for a new job. I'm sure there are many job advertisements in the newspapers."

Sitting down at the table, he sighs and drags a hand over his face. This whole day has been nothing but exhausting and all he wants to do is sleep, "You don't have to do this for me dove. Go to bed, I will be looking at some advertisements." Shaking her head, Lilith places a hand on his and brings it to her lips to let her lips brush over his knuckles, "I'm your wife. And we're handling this together, like always." Nodding, he lets out a small chuckle.