''Well, that makes one of the things stuck up there,'' Liam adds to this nonsense conversation.

I keep my eyes on the screen with Liam and Taylor's banter as background noise. The two continue with easy conversations and I engage when needed as I go through one last document for the night.

The only thing other than my friend's voice that takes away my attention are a few kids, as they chase each other, giggling and playing tag. They zoom past us every few minutes oblivious to their surroundings, absorbed in a world of their own.

But this time through the screams and giggles of the children a low but high-pitched squeal catches my attention.

I look up to see a body flailing and failing miserably at keeping its balance. Acting on instinct I toss my tablet aside and reach out to steady the person as they fall right in my lap.

I'm still stunned as I turn my attention to observe the body. It's a woman.

I move my head back to free myself from her dark strands that cover my face.

Her scent envelopes me. Roses. She smells like roses.

She smells nice.

And my mind comes to a screeching halt at this thought.

What the hell am I doing?

I shift my focus from the most random and absurd thought— I've ever had in my whole life— back to the woman who remains still and rigid, probably awaiting her union with the cold, hard marble.

Her warm presence surrounds me as she relaxes a bit, looking around, trying to figure out the situation she is in. Her eyes open wide in shock, lock with mine and right at that moment everything and everyone around me is nothing but a blur. Our proximity is intimate as a subtle spark of connection passes between us.

I'm pulled out of the trance as I feel her wiggling in my lap, trying to free herself from the grip I unknowingly had on her waist. Registering the situation, I loosen my grip and she jumps up with a squeal as if my touch burnt her.

''Oh my god, I'm so sorry!'' She gasps out as I stand up cursing at the fact that I got a hard on by such a situation.

''It's alright,'' I assure her as I take in the rest of her features. My breath is stuck in my throat the moment my gaze focuses on her.

A pair of almond eyes framed by long, dark lashes add depth to her gaze. They are a mesmerizing shade of deep hazel, with hints of green and brown that seem to change with the light. A small and elegant nose. High and gracefully sculpted, her cheekbones lend a subtle contour to her face. Her lips are naturally full, soft, and inviting, painted in a deep red shade.

Every feature is delicately balanced and harmonious, creating an effortlessly captivating visage.

The piercing sound of a whistle reverberates through the space, gaining my attention. In that moment, I realized with a start that we'd unwittingly become the focal point of everyone's attention. It's as though every person in the room is engrossed by the unfolding scene before them, their interest far surpassing any concern for their own meals.

I clear my throat as I notice the slight blush on her cheeks as she looks everywhere but at me.

''Are you alright?'' I ask amused by the reaction. My lips twitch, threatening to spread into a full-blown smile.

''Ahh, yes. Thanks to you.'' She breathes out and offers a small —almost invisible— smile as she finally looks up at me.

The waitress coughs catching our attention. ''May I lead you to your table, miss?''