two

✧༺♥༻∞

"Got your mango babes." Lucia, one of Arabella's best friends pushed the door to her apartment open, "So can we talk about this, please."

"Luce." Arabella shook her head at her friend, "You can't just buy me mango to make me do what you want."

"But nobody else would even consider going with me. You never know, you might like football." Lucia handed Arabella a fork, "You won't seriously make me go on my own, will you?" She pouted at the blonde, "Please?"

Arabella hadn't told anyone about her and João since she'd moved to Spain. In her mind, to completely get over him, she couldn't have any connections to him, and by not telling people about their relationship, she had nothing that could trace her back to João.

"Fine." Arabella shrugged, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Honestly, and they're pretty good tickets too." Lucia nodded, "You're going to need to hurry up with that though, because we need to leave in like, an hour."

"Lucia!" Arabella whined, "It's today?

"Bella, can you blame me? You always cancel on me." Lucia shrugged, "You're going to have fun, and I got you a present."

༺♥༻

"I'm not wearing that." Arabella shook her head at the shirt that her friend was holding, "Absolutely not."

"Why? You'll stick out like a sore thumb, everyone's going to be wearing them!" Lucia protested, "Please Bella."

"You know, you're so lucky I love you because I wouldn't wear that boxy shirt for anyone I didn't love."

Arabella's heart felt like it was going to explode, when Lucia had mentioned tickets, she had failed to mention that they were tickets to an Atleti game, and of course, Arabella didn't blame her, she wasn't to know about her past with João, but she still felt nervous at the fact that she'd be in the same space as him.

"You look hot anyway, maybe you'll attract a footballer." Lucia nudged her shoulder, "You've spent ages on your hair though, we need to leave."

"Luce, it's a five-minute walk, we'll be just fine, I promise you." Arabella waved her off.

"No. We still need to get into the stadium and to our seats, Bella, we need to leave now."

༺♥༻

João looked good. Arabella wasn't going to deny that, but she would also never admit it out loud. She hated him, she hated the way that he looked so effortlessly beautiful all the time, she hated herself for watching him so intently for the entire match, and what she hated the most was that when she made eye contact with him, she smiled.

Why would she do that? Why would she smile? Of all the things she could've done, she had to smile at him. He had noticed it too; Arabella had picked up on the double take he did after she did it. he didn't smile back, just tilted his head and turned away.

"Told you you'd catch someone's attention." Lucia nudged her, "and he's sexy."

"Yeah." Arabella scoffed, "And he's my ex."

"he's your what?" Lucia grabbed Arabella by the shoulders, turning her so that they were facing each other. "Why have you never mentioned that before?"

Arabella shrugged, "Because it was years ago, and I fucking hate him."

"How can you hate anybody that's as sexy as him?" Lucia stared at her friend, mouth agape, "What the hell?"

"I mean, he cheated on me, so it's pretty easy to hate him." Arabella folded her arms over her chest, watching João as he walked off the pitch.

"Okay, I take back everything I said about him being sexy." Lucia scowled, "How could anyone cheat on you? Fucking bitch."