Chapter IV

The next two weeks passed by very quickly. Su Yu and Wu Bi returned to their normal relationship. Su Yu was pleased, so he decided not to discuss the topic that was bothering him for now. Wu Bi spent lots of time with him again. Just like how it was before everything started going awry. He no longer saw Wu Bi hanging around girls and he didn't party with his high school friends as often. He wondered what had happened to cause such a sudden change, but he promised himself not to ask.

It was already late in the evening, and the boys were spending it together, sitting across from each other, absorbed in their notes and textbooks. While Su Yu was doing the calculations for his assignments, Wu Bi was struggling with his presentation, which was quickly approaching. There seemed to be no rest for them after a busy day spent at the university. Su Yu was busy glancing through his study materials, when he happened to look up, and saw Wu Bi quickly look away and focus on his task again. Su Yu didn't say anything, but after flipping through the next chapter in his textbook, he caught Wu Bi staring at him once again.

Su Yu couldn't stand it and threw the pencil in his hand at him. "Focus! You said you have to hand in your presentation this week! How much have you actually done?"

Wu Bi sighed as he adjusted his glasses. "I can't look at it anymore. As soon as I look at the slides, I immediately feel tired," he whined, the agony of a typical student before final exams clear in his voice.

Su Yu understood him perfectly, but he had no intention of admitting it out loud. "Okay, then let's do this," he declared, as he closed all the books he had open, and threw his pens and pencils into his pencil case. "I'll help you look over everything you've already done today, and you'll finish the rest tomorrow, okay?" Su Yu closed his laptop, stood, and walked around the table to sit down next to Wu Bi.

He moved his laptop to the center so both of them could clearly see the presentation and they started making adjustments to it. Even though their fields of study were completely different, he could at least help him from a technical standpoint.

"What about your assignments?" Wu Bi asked.

"I'm already done," Su Yu replied, focused only on going through the presentation to see how he could help Wu Bi. He watched the younger boy out of the corner of his eye, admiring how his black hair with bangs covered his forehead and perfectly framed his distinct facial features. Black-framed glasses made him look both delicate and feisty at the same time. Su Yu had a weakness for the bespectacled Wu Bi, and the fact that he was the only one Wu Bi showed this side of himself to didn't help at all.

Wu Bi scooted closer to Su Yu. His proximity made the older boy strain all his senses to concentrate on the task at hand. It was almost 1 a.m. when they finished revising Wu Bi's presentation. Su Yu closed the laptop and was about to say something, when he suddenly felt a weight on his shoulder. He involuntarily tensed up when he saw out of the corner of his eye that it was Wu Bi's head resting on his shoulder. The desire to run his hand through Wu Bi's dark, soft hair grew incredibly urgent.

"Wu Bi, it's time to sleep. Get up."

"Hmm," Wu Bi replied, not moving an inch.

"Wu Bi, come on. We both have classes first thing in the morning. Do not waste time. Get up. We're going to bed."

But Wu Bi didn't seem to hear him. After a long moment had passed, which felt like an eternity to Su Yu, he was about to push Wu Bi off his shoulder to stop him from actually falling asleep, when Wu Bi suddenly spoke, "Just a moment. Let's stay like this... just for a while."

Not knowing what to think, Su Yu quietly relished in the moment, letting it last a bit longer. Wu Bi rested his head on his shoulder as if it was the most comfortable pillow. The room was silent. Only the sound of a few cars passing by his window and the beating of his own heart could be heard. Su Yu felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest, beating so loudly that he was afraid that Wu Bi would hear it too.