February: Seasons of Love

Marinette and Luka have been getting along great, but it was now the most dreaded holidays of the year!

Or at least, one of them.

Valentines Day

Marinette had already lost some of her friends, and she didn't feel like dealing with Lila's posse making fun of her for being more alone than ever on that day. Luckily, Luka had a plan to brighten up her day.

Marinette sighed as she dragged herself into the classroom the day before Valentines. The classroom was decorated with paper hearts, roses, shades of pink and red, and there was a fresh flower bouquet on Ms. Bustier's desk. Lila and Alya were yapping away while everyone else greeted Marinette. She smiled and sat next to Nathaniel, who was drawing something for Marc. Juleka walked up to Marinette.

"So, how are you and Luka doing?" Marinette blushed. Ever since Juleka introduced them, they hung out practically every weekend around the city. Somewhere in those hangouts, a spark was felt and Marinette began to feel happier than ever with Luka around. Just seeing him alone just made her light up.

"Fine. How are you?" Juleka shrugged as she looked at Rose. 

Marinette felt bad. Rose took Lila's side because she chose emotion over logic. Juleka didn't agree with her and Lila got involved and suggested a break. Soon enough, Rose broke up with her later that night. Luka now had a personal reason to be mad at the liar, since his sister was now quieter than usual. Thankfully, the new friend group was understanding and did their best to make sure she was comfortable.

"Maybe she'll come around?" Mylene said. Juleka shook her head.

"I'm not so sure." The teacher walked into the room, silencing everyone and getting them to their seats. 

Class was alright, but it became more of a gossip session when Lila pointed out that Adrien was going to treat her to something for Valentines, since his father set up something. Adrien, who had no idea this was happening, just agreed to keep the peace. The class gushed for details as Marinette sighed and started drawing. She felt Alya's gaze on hers as she drew.

Lunch eventually came and the baker girl was glad to escape the room. She didn't even make it to the lunchroom before Alya and Lila appeared out of nowhere.

"So, what are you doing for Valentines?" Lila asked sweetly. Marinette sensed the distain in her voice.

"I'm not sure, I don't really want to focus on it right now." Lila hummed as Alya butted in.

"Well, we were just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us? Since Lila is with Adrien and we didn't want you to be alone is all." Ah, so that's what this was about. Since Alya told Lila about her crush, Lila is using it to her advantage to hurt her. Well that's not going to be that easy.

"I'll be fine with whatever I do with my day tomorrow, it doesn't really matter." Somehow, the girls got a toxic tone from her statement and their expressions changed. Lila turned sad and Alya turned hostile.

"It's just a question girl, we're just trying to be considerate!"

"I don't understand why, since you didn't want anything to do with me and my business ever since Lila came around." Their argument caught some attention, which Adrien noticed. He ran up to them.

"Marinette, can I talk to you?" She didn't get to protest as Adrien gently dragged her away to a secluded area. "Can you stop trying to expose Lila? It's going to get her akumatized and cause a huge fallout." Marinette glared at him.

"Adrien, she's going to get akumatized regardless if I was involved or not. Everyone does. Why do you care so much about her troubles as if no one else matters?"