Prologue/chapter 1: hidden inventory part 1

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) Screw them! If they could cast out one of their own like that then I have no feelings left except anger for them!! My only mistake was being born into that clan!! They only deserve death!!

Unknown to him however, his eye color changes from their normal colors to a pure red color.

??? Request accepted.. good boy..

(Y/n) Huh-?... Augh..

His vision fades to black as the voice of a women lingers in his head..

(Flashback end)

Now I'm present day (y/n) sits on a fallen tree as he talks with the curse that has inhabited him.

(Y/n) All that and I still bare hatred to the clan.

Thaluta Even after they've all been killed?

(Y/n) You almost killed me from doing that.

Thaluta It was my way of repaying you since you freed me from that cursed skull.

(Y/n) Was I your first body you've inhabited?

Thaluta No in fact your clan has been using me since I was locked away 1,000 years ago. But only two of your ancestors I've inhabited. Unfortunately they both died within a week of having me. You on the other hand are different. It's been years since then and you're still alive. Not so much of a failure after all.

(Y/n) Yeah unfortunately I have to listen to you all day.

Thaluta Hahah!! You crack me up (y/n) but for now you still haven't gotten a stable source of food.

(Y/n) had been living in the woods out of fear of being found out as his entire clans murder.

(Y/n) How did you inhabit me?

Thaluta Through the connection of the skull. You see I was locked away by your clan 1000 years ago in that skull. The skull was the actual skull of your clans leader in that era. The little nuisance sacrificed his worthless life to trap me in his rotting skull. Unfortunately he also made it so I could never leave the skull unless a worthy person was to contain me within them. Good thing he never accounted how powerful I was so I never could get tamed. Your two ancestors tried and failed to use all my power for their own purposes. Once they realized I was unwilling they put me back but I left them with a parting gift. Death.

(Y/n) Would you do the same to me?

Thaluta Hmm... no unless you try to get rid of me~ but for now you've been better company then I would have expected.

And just as Thaluta finishes speaking a red light appears in front of (y/n) making him squint until it disappears and reveals..

(Y/n) uh.... Is that you?

Thaluta Yes and no. This is a form I'm using to be present outside your body. Leaving your body is almost impossible unless I make myself a tiny version of myself. Even then I'm forced to be around you or else my connection to this avatar would be severed.