My throat was tight as my mind raced with confusion. "What?"

"He told me to kill him in the hallway, so I tried. Then, Tom grabbed me, and whispered in my ear. 'Throw it to Angie.' He told me, so.. I did. I threw it to you, and you pulled the trigger." Her voice broke. "But there was nothing in the gun."

I felt my nose burn as my eyes watered. "So, you're saying-"

"He just wanted an excuse to hurt you, punish you.. touch you." She interrupted me.

I pursed my lips, swallowing back tears. He was sicker than I thought, setting it up just to scare me.

"He was never going to touch me." Her voice trembled. "He wanted you to interject."

"To save you." I carried on.

"So once you did, he took his "anger" out on you instead of me. But he planned it all, he knows you care about me." she sniffed. "He's just using your purness to hurt you."

I stayed silent with thought, my bottom lip quivered as my eyes watered.

"He's using your good heart against you." She explained. "I'm so sorry." She apologized rapidly. I could hear her broken heart through the door, trying her best to assure me she was actually sorry.

I sniffed, wiping my eyes quickly. "It's okay." I pressed my forehead to the door. "I forgive you."

I bit my lips, and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Angelina?" She said.

I held my mouth, trying to hold back my cries. So early in the morning.. I was really bored of always having a reason to cry. I felt embarrassed, like ot wasn't a big deal and I was just a fucking baby.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"You'll be okay, right?" She begged.

"Yeah." I brought my hand down from my mouth, exhaling. "You should get back to your room before you're caught." I stepped away from the door, my hand still gripping the handle. "I don't want to get you in any trouble."

"Ang.." she started.

"It's okay, just go." I whispered, my voice somber.

I walked to the other side of the room, and pressed myself against the wall as I heard her slow footsteps trail away from my door.

"I forgive you." I muttered to myself, leaning my head back against the wall, and closing my eyes as I did so.

+++

"Rise and shine." I felt warm breath on my face.

I opened my eyes, not realizing I had fallen asleep. My room was bright now, it had been a few hours. My neck was killing me, as was my back. I squinted my eyes as I looked at the person hovering over me, I didn't need to see them to know who it was. I was so out of it I thought I saw stars, but they were just Tom's eyes.

I pushed his large warm hand off of my shoulder, only for him to take my hands.

"What're you doing?" I snapped, trying to pull back.

"Helping you up." He muttered, his voice low against my ear.

I groaned a little bit as I stood up, my bones sore. My heart was still tight as I remembered what Katie told me, Tom was in on it too. I shoved him off of me, and rubbed my eyes. My gaze was interrupted by a large figure in the doorway, and my heart practically stopped as I locked gazes with him.

He pushed himself off of the doorway, his eyes still locked on me. They scanned my body, resting on my bruised hands. Tom took a step closer to me when I looked away from Bill and to him, my eyes narrow. He took my elbow as he maintained eye contact with me, his eyes hard.