Chapter 14: Counters and the Terminal... again

So the Counters is again, back to the Terminal to ask it some questions related to the new weapons that their Commander has.

Anis:"So Terminal, what are those shotguns that the Commander has ?"

Terminal:[You can check if you want.]

And so Anis did just that, she press the Weapons button, and then press the Shotguns. She then see 2 shotguns variations, and then goes for the information.

SHOTGUN

DATA: The Shotgun is an experimental weapon that shoots hyper-concentrated heat "projectiles". It's normal mode of operating is the core eject -- those cores expose themselves to vent excess heat to prevent them from melting or exploding.

Anis:"Ohhhhh that's why he always exposed the core of the shotguns, to vent the excess heat."

Neon:"But, the Shotgun is an experimental weapon that shoots hyper-concentrated heat "projectiles", should we worried about the fact that it's an experimental weapon ?"

Anis:"I don't know, the Commander use it fine so, I don't think we should worry much."

If the cores fail to generate heat themselves, a button near the grip can pump the Shotgun to manually heat them, though misfire can easily occur if you pump too much heat into a single shot. 

Anis:"So too much pump can cause misfire..."

Terminal:[Easier to understand, it will explode.]

Neon:"Yikes, I definitely don't want that."

Terminal:[However, depends on the situation, it can be very effective to help you get out of it.]

"Heat weapons", as they're called, weren't as popular as electric weapons because of their unpredictability and need for cooling. However, heat weapons didn't need a seperate projectile, they just required temperature variations. This make their ammo literally infinite as long as the second law of thermodynamics holds up.

Anis:"So thanks to that, they didn't need a seperate projectile."

Neon:"Which that makes them infinite as well."

Anis:"But, what is the second law of thermodynamics ?"

Terminal:[Physics. The second law of thermodynamics is that, temperature differences with each other tend to even out and that work can be obtained from these non-equilibrium differences, but that loss of thermal energy occurs, when work is done and entropy increases Pressure, density and temperature differences in an isolated system. All tend to equalize if given the opportunity, density and pressure, but not temperature, are affected by gravity. A heat engine is a mechanical device that provides useful work from the differences in temperature of two bodies.]

After reading that, the Nikkes having a hard time trying to understand as, they never really learned about Physics before, nor any knowledge possible. They were humans before hand, but talking about academic stuffs, they never really have that. Actually, not all Nikkes have knowledge of stuffs, even if they did, they probably forgot all cause, becoming a Nikke either you remember all, or forgot everything about your past life.

Anis:"Can you um, say it in a simpler term ?"

Terminal:[Simpler term: the entropy always increases. This principle explains, for example, why you can't unscramble an egg. The second law of thermodynamics states that processes that involve the transfer or conversion of heat energy are irreversible and always move toward more disorder.]

Anis:"So the process of heat energy are irreversible, that makes sense why the shotgun has infinite ammo."

Neon:"Yeah, the second law of thermodynamics really is awesome."