Chapter 4: Identification (Part 1)

As they got back to the Ark, everything seem normal. Until Anis spoke up:" What's going on ?"

Shifty:"The corruption code implanted in Marian's brain must be acting as a navigator! It guides Nikkes to the Blacksmith's location. That way, they have their 'food' delivered straight to their doorstep."

Y/n:"Well, that explain it."

Anis:"But... she was acting completely normal before she went haywire."

Shifty:"Y/n already explain that, it's because of the Commander. A nikke's highest priority is protecting their Commander and obeying any orders given."

Y/n:'ORDER'

Shifty:"I'm willing to bet the problem started when she met the Commander. That's when her priorities were shifted out of order. She was completely defenseless when in close proximity to the Blacksmith. That means the corruption was quite severe."

Rapi:"...when did it start ?"

Shifty:"what ?"

Rapi:"When was she corrupted ?"

Shifty:"During the operation I suppose... Ah, yes."

Rapi:"You said she was the one who sabotaged the transport ship, right ? She must have already corrupted at that point. And that transport ship came from the Ark."

Shifty:"!!"

Y/n:'ah fack plot moment.'

Shifty:"Were the Aegis Barriers broken ?"

Rapi:" No, the Aegis Barriers are strong. They'd pick up any corruption in an instant."

Anis:"...Rapi, what are you trying to say ?"

Y/n:"What she trying to say is, there's someone here that work for the Raptures."

Anis:"!!"

Y/n:"Anyway, I might as well take a rest..."

Back to Shifty where she is talking to someone wore a commander uniform.

Shifty:"And that conclude my report."

Andersen:"You meant they took down a Blacksmith ? A Novice Commander with three Nikkes, all in a single day ?"

Shifty:"Yes, sir. However, one Nikke was destroyed during the operation."

Andersen:"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're starting to develop a sense of humor, Shifty."

Shifty:"Should I forward the combat data to you ?"

Andersen:"No, that won't be necessary. I would, however, like to meet this Commander. Make an appointment for this afternoon, will you ?"

Shifty:"I'll inform them."

Andersen:"You do that."

Shifty:"Anything else ?"

Andersen:"Ah, yes. Have the other Nikkes who took part in the operation come along as well. Ensure that they are armed."

Andersen:'How did a Novice Commander having that kind of guns ?' He thought, wonder how a Novice Commander like Y/n having those kind of Revolvers that display so much power, not to mention that his abilities to run and jump is out of humans capability.

And so, Y/n, rapi and Anis got a called from HQ.

Rapi:"HQ is calling us in ?"

Y/n:"Rapi and Anis, you will be going with me."

Anis:"Aw man... not this again."

Rapi:"What ?"

Anis:"So few of you, and yet you managed to take down the Blacksmith ! Simply astonishing ! Keep fighting the good fight, my loyal and most subservient of all government lapdogs! It's always the same old routine."