𝐌𝐄

𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐂𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 famous for two things: being wealthy and being a ladies' man. He charmed countless girls and had relations with almost half of them, always having a new companion in his bed every week. This morning was no different.

As he awoke to the gentle snoring beside him, Kayden squinted at the girl's face, struggling to remember her name. Sally? Sam? Sasha? It started with an 'S', but he couldn't muster the energy to care, feeling her drool seep onto his chest.

Attempting to move her, Kayden only succeeded in making her snuggle closer. Fumbling for his phone, he checked the time: 12:34 pm.

Panicking, he pushed her away, scrambling for his clothes. "Damn it," he muttered, hastily dressing himself and tossing her dress her way. "Get dressed," he ordered, pulling on his pants.

"What's the rush?" she asked, dressing herself. Ignoring her, Kayden searched for his shirt, eventually giving up and grabbing one from his closet.

"Can you just hurry up?" he snapped, throwing on the shirt. Changing the subject, he mentioned, "My dad's here."

Kayden and his father, Raymond McKay, had a strained relationship. Raymond, a perfectionist, always aimed for flawlessness and tried to mold his son in his image.

Keyword 'tried'.

When he was young, Kayden yearned for his father's approval, striving to be the epitome of perfection just as his mother desired. He would go to great lengths to earn his mother's favor, even if it meant emulating his father's every move and mirroring his behavior.

His father had mentioned that he would be home by noon, and when Kayden snapped out of his thoughts, he realized he was fully dressed and turned to see the girl, who was also dressed, still in the room. Confused, he asked her, "Why aren't you leaving?"

"Oh, sorry—" she exclaimed, squirming as she quickly got up from the bed and hurried out of the room. Upon hearing the front door open and shut, Kayden left his room and made his way to the bathroom.

He glanced at himself in the mirror, rubbing his face and tidying up his appearance before heading to his father's study.

This room had been his sanctuary since childhood, a place where he both thrived and withered. He knocked on the door, and upon hearing a faint "come in," he entered and closed the door behind him.

Unable to meet his father's gaze, Kayden kept his head down and muttered, "You're here already?"

Raymond McKay didn't bother to look up from his folders, simply stating, "Yes, I see you were occupied—so occupied that you couldn't even greet me. Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah," Kayden gulped, feeling a lump forming in his throat. "I overslept..."

"Really? Because some girl walked in here earlier, talking as if she knew me. Is she your girlfriend?" his father inquired, flipping through the contents of a folder.

Kayden couldn't bring himself to answer, avoiding his father's gaze and forcing a chuckle. "You know I'm not one to settle down, Dad."

Raymond sighed and shook his head in disappointment, finally looking up at his son. "Come here."

He swallowed the lump in his throat, mentally slapping himself for joking right now. He walked towards his father, making sure to keep his eyes down, refusing to look at his father's piercing eyes as he stopped in front of the desk, clenching his teeth.

Raymond stood up and unbuttoned the cuffs on his dress shirt, rolling them back. Grabbing the nearest folder next to him and hitting it across his son's face.