[ 099 ] ruining yet another perfect moment

Start from the beginning

"Prongs." Sirius stopped him.

Mr Potter finally snapped back to reality, gaining composure from the slap. "Oh," he whispered, eyes widened as he looked between his son and Lily, "I'm gonna be a grandpa..." he slowly said, voice low, and then high within a minute, "I'M GONNA BE A GRANDPA!"

Mrs Potter quickly went and hugged Lily tightly and not letting her go. Fleamont stood from his seat and also wrapped his arms around the redheaded girl.

"I can't believe this," said the Potter, hugging his daughter-in-law as Mrs Potter sobbed loudly and emotionally. "I'm going to be a grandfather." 

"You know, I had a part to play in this too," a grumble came from James, and Lily playfully frowned down at her husband in a manner to tease him, ruffling his hair which only made him frown even more. Mrs Potter smiled and brought James into a tight hug.

      Scarlet looked at the family with a small smile which soon turned into a sad smile. Because Sirius and she were never going to get a chance to sit around a table with their loving family in a warm house to break out good news. Not their blood-family, at least.

      Merlin, it's not everyday Scarlet Bridget feels jealous. Jealousy was not written in her blood. Feeling jealous of James Potter's family was the lowest she had felt in her entire life.

      For a long time as a teen, she was worried about how to tell her mother when she decided to get married. Or had become pregnant. The thought scared her to terror. She hoped the day would never come and magically, Celeste would just know. And now it truly never will come.

      She turned to see the excited look on Sirius face but she was met with a dreamy one, he was staring and Lily and James hugging Mr and Mrs Potter. A light, genuine smile on his face, his heart lightening up. 

      Scarlet's heart clenched at the sight, Sirius would make an amazing father. But Scarlet... she had so much doubt in her chest, so much void when it comes to a family, she truly was scared she was never going to be able to have what James and Lily does. Her gloved hands clenched her fork tighter.

The Potter's house elf was sobbing in the background, earning everyone's attention. "Master James is a father now? Nico can't believe it." The elf was crying very loudly, muttering something about not believing how quickly James grew up.

BRIDGET HOUSE
october, 1979

      WHEN THE COUPLE ENTERED THEIR HOME, SIRIUS DID NOT BOTHER to turn the lights on and instead flickered his wand to conjure two lightened candles on the white-clothed table. He was extremely cheerful, a teeth-bearing grin on his face.

"What's gotten you in such a good mood?" Asked the girl, hanging her long overcoat behind the door with a smile. His grin only widened. 

      Sirius quickly laid down two wine glasses, and glided forward on the tiles to take out a bottle of red wine. When he opened the refrigerator and a pinch between his brows formed when he tried to find whatever he was looking for. 

      Suddenly, Scarlet's breath caught in her throat at the sight of him, and she couldn't help but stare — suddenly struck by something. Stared at the side of his face, illuminated in the refrigerator light. She stared at his hair, the way the light bounced off the strands of it and curled into the tiniest swirls at his ears.