(6) Victorious

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

"Tonight we are victorious

Champagne pouring over us

All my friends were glorious

Tonight we are victorious"

☆: *.☽ .* :☆

Tears welted in the eyes of six strangers who worked alongside me to defeat Ivan Ooze. I couldn't imagine what they were feeling as they stared down at the lifeless body of Zordon. I didn't know a single thing about that man, but he clearly meant a great deal to them.

Kimberly leans in closer to Zordon, her tears slipping down onto his face as Tommy wraps his arm around her back. He tries to pull her back, but she doesn't budge. Billy hugs Aisha as she turns her face from everyone. Rocky lowers his head, his fists balled at his sides with his lips in a tight purse. Adam stood next to him, his shoulders slumped and hands resting on the crystals.

I leaned against one of the busted control panels, the entire weight of my body threatening to sink down to the floor at any second. They must be as equally exhausted as I felt. Though I did not know this man or their relationship to them, their grief was radiating loudly off them.

I wished Dulcea were here. She'd know exactly what to do here. She'd know how to save Zordon and restore their Command Center. Dulcea always had the answers. Even during a crisis—-she always knew what to do.

She knew how to defeat Ivan all those years ago. She knew how to defeat him now. Sending me here, only to have me send them back to her on Phaedos, was the best play we could have done. Whatever great power they could get there, it was exactly what they needed to defeat Ivan again.

My eyes went wide at the realization. Not only could the great power defeat Ivan, but it also could restore their planet to what it was before Ivan's reign. I pushed myself off the control panel, stumbling all the way down the runway until I involuntarily crashed right into Adam and Rocky. I fell between them, trying to catch my breath as I rushed to tell them what to do.

All this time, Dulcea was showing me exactly what to do. I just didn't know it. I might save Zordon with the last of my energy, combined with the great power... She didn't give me her staff to make sure I made it through the battle, she gave me her staff to make sure I stayed alive long enough to resurrect Zordon.

"I know how to save Zordon," I announce, trying to push myself up from the ground, but my legs are too weak, "I know how to—"

Adam and Rocky grabbed my arms, gently pulling me up from the ground and helping me sit on the edge surrounding the crystal bed. Every inch of my body felt like it was on fire, and I wanted nothing more than to just close my eyes. I had to hold on. Just a little longer.

"I know how to save him." I breathed.

"How can we save him if he's already dead?" Tommy asked, his voice filled with anger.

"Tommy, don't shout at her!" Kimberly yelled back at him.

"I think we should hear her out." Billy sniffled.

"This can't be the end of Zordon..." Aisha cried.

"I think I agree with Tommy." Rocky says.

"Maybe we should hear her out..." Adam looked at all of them.

I looked down at the ground as swarms of guilt began wrapping themselves around me like a warm hug. They would never have had to feel this way if I had successfully defeated Ivan the first time he proved to be a threat.