-☆ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ ☆-

•●☆●•

"It's a Berg." Violet breathed. Terror clutched its sharp claws around her heart, but she got moving immediately. She sprang into action.

"Come on!" She yelled, the rumbling growing louder every ticking second.

Jorge rushed over to a large metal box, where Brenda produced a silver key out of nowhere and threw it in his direction. He caught it in a fist, before putting it in the slot and twisting. There, inside the safe, was a record player.

For the second time, shit.

Vi knew exactly what this was. A few seconds later, Walkin' After Midnight blared from the box. They had to get out of here. Jorge's music was a last resort, it would detonate the whole building.

A cold realisation had her heart wrapped in a tight grip. She wouldn't be coming back.

Jorge led them upstairs to an emergency exit, a zip line across to another building. The floor dropped off right in front of them.

Violet didn't mind heights, but she could hear Newt breathing heavily next her.

With that, Jorge winked at them and jumped on, just as screams filled the building. The WCKD guards had arrived.

Aris and Frypan followed Jorge, Newt and Minho soon after. They nodded from afar for Vi, Thomas, and Brenda to go, but they stood there.

Violet thought of her life here, the familiar music of Jorge's favourite song rattling in her ears.

She turned and ran, scurrying down flights of stairs at a rapid pace. People pushed past her on the ground floor, desperate for escape. They all came from the opposite direction and she struggled, fighting the current of the crowd.

Rudy. He had been there for her ever since he joined the gang two years ago.
She could never leave him.

She launched herself over the bar, glass shattering and falling around her like rain from WCKD's gunshots. Her knees buckled from the impact, but all she could feel was her need to save him.

"Rudy!" She screamed, her voice thick and hoarse with emotion. She caught sight of his dark head and his blue eyes peeked up at her.

"God, Vi, what are you doing here?" He yelled across the wrecked kitchen. Plates and porcelain lay obliterated on the tiles. He hid behind a sink, which somehow had been ripped from the wall. Water was gushing everywhere.

He had a long gash on his forehead, and blood dripped down his face, obscuring his vision. He wiped his eyes and got up, a wild look in his eyes.

"Get out of here!"

"I'm taking you with me!" She cried back, tears streaking fire down her face. 

He froze in shock, but leapt up and grasped her hand, connecting himself with her. She squeezed it, and the flow of panic came flooding back. 

They looked into each other's eyes, a fleeting moment passing and they got out of there. Smoke curled from inside the kitchen they left - and then the music stopped..  

BOOM!

An ear-shattering explosion sent both of them on their knees, ducking to avoid impact. They crawled their way past the door, Violet's bag hanging precariously off her shoulder.