-☆ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ ☆-

•●☆●•

Violet opened her eyes to see darkness, her vision blurry from her sleep. Head spinning, she got up from her bed and tried to cross the room, forgetting about Teresa's mattress and nearly falling on her face. 

"Sorry." she whispered. When there was no response, she squinted through the shade, before walking over to the window and pulling the blinds. Sunlight streamed into the room.

Teresa's bed was empty.

Vi rubbed her eyes and got changed, assuming Teresa went for a shower or breakfast or something. She brushed her hair and tied it into a ponytail, then opened Brenda's door.

"Morning Bren." She croaked, her voice unused. "Have you seen Teresa?"

"No. Maybe she's gone for breakfast? I only woke up half an hour ago."

"Okay. See you later." Violet passed her sister on her way out of the room, but twisted round at the sound Brenda's voice again.

"Jorge's gone, by the way. Some mission. I'm in charge." She winked, and Vi rolled her eyes at her.

Moving down the corridor, Vi snuck a look in the shower block and called Teresa's name, but she got no answer. Where was she?

She didn't bother herself with being concerned. The girl was rude to her yesterday. Which meant she had a little grudge.

She just didn't take kindly to people who were rude. In her mind, that was perfectly fair.

Violet pictured her room in her mind, and remembered there had been no trace that Teresa had slept there at all, her bags gone.

Had the group of WCKD subjects left? Surely not. They had asked for their help, not the other way around. Even though Jorge secretly wanted to keep them. He hadn't directly told Vi, but it was obvious he was enjoying all the new knowledge about WCKD.

She arrived at bar, where food could also be served. A brown head caught her gaze, and she recognized him as the leader. Thomas. Minho and the other guys surrounded him, all of them devouring the breakfast Rudy had no doubt cooked. The guy had a talent for being in the kitchen.

She grabbed a coffee, which she lived off of, and walked over to them.

"Hey. You guys sleep well?" She asked them. They smiled nervously at her. They weren't sure if they could trust Violet or not, but it was alright because the feeling was mutual.

"Yeah. Those beds were bloody amazing." The kinder blonde guy said, his British accent making him stand out from the rest of them. A twinge of warmth took place in her chest - she had a similar accent.

Gang members had made constant fun of it, and it made her mood brighter. She wasn't the only one.

"Yup. Bren and me think this place used to be a warehouse for furniture. Bren is the other girl, by the way. I'm Violet."

"Nice to meet you, Violet." Thomas said at the same time Minho said, "Is there any more food?"

"Hi. Thomas, right?" Vi said, ignoring the sassy Asian who had gotten up from his seat.

"Yeah. That's Minho," Thomas pointed at Minho's retreating figure, "and as you already know, and this is Newt, Frypan, and Aris. Teresa was with you?"

She tried to place the names with people. They had really weird names.

"Yeah, she was. When I woke up she wasn't there though. I thought you'd. . ." She trailed off, and Thomas shook his head.

Newt patted Thomas on the back comfortingly. "She'll appear somewhere. She probably just fainted again."