Chapter 1: Annyeonghaseyo!

Start from the beginning

With such a well-off family, Misao never felt sad or the need to have more. She always had whatever she wanted but remained down to earth about it. She was friendly, always smiling and cheerful and occasionally innocent. Her outlook on life was optimistic. Misao would always think that anything wrong in life could be fixed. She believed that no one ever fails and that something good is always hidden in unfortunate situations in life.

As she strolled through the school hallway towards her class, Youra ran to her, screaming joyfully. Youra was Misao's best friend, a character opposite of her. Youra was a chubby-looking, brown-haired and black-eyed girl. Unlike Misao, Youra had no intention of helping strangers. She would scold Misao for helping people she did not know, warning her they could be criminals, scammers, or even cons. She was friendly to people she trusted. She smiled only around her close acquaintances and was always straight to the point.

"Misa! Misa! Misa!" she cried in joy.

"What happened?!" Misao asked, confused.

"You are the class president! AH!" Youra jumped in excitement.

"So, what's the deal?" Misao asked as she walked towards her classroom.

"I get VIP treatment now, don't I?" Youra said, following Misao down the hall.

"No!"

"I do!"

"No!"

As they arrived in the classroom, the whole class welcomed Misao and congratulated her. The class could not have asked for a better president. Misao aced at almost everything. However, none is perfect, and Misao, too, had flaws. Her biggest flaw was her perfection. She always wanted to ace everything, and if she failed to get a perfect result, she would feel frustrated and blame the task for being too tricky and confusing. The one task that she always failed to perfect was art and creativity. Not that Misao was not creative, but she did not have that artist bone in her. Despite this, she joined the art club of her school, which she secretly regretted. The art club was not the most popular in the school, with most students joining either the dance or music club. The art club had only five members, including Misao, the only girl member.

Yunho was the youngest member and looked up to Misao as his idol. Brian was the member who did almost nothing except brag about his once trip to an art camp in Los Angeles where he had met many famous Hollywood stars. The other two members, Aris and Ken, were seldom present in club meetings, and who knows why they joined it. With such a composition, no doubt the art club did not attract any more members.

The school day was a regular, with nothing exciting happening. Classes after classes, and the day finally ended. After school, as Misao and Youra were walking out of the school, Misao complained about the art club being nothing but a sore pain in the neck.

"Why did you join it? EH?" Youra asked in response.

"It's not the club as such but those good-for-nothing members. Except, of course, Yunho. He is fair."

"Look, we are here. The shop. Wanna try ramen?" Youra said, trying to divert the conversation. She was used to Misao complaining about the art club and, therefore, would consider it a repetitive conversation that she was now too fed up with.

"Nah, thanks; I am going to go back. I have some work. See you!" Misao took her leave and headed back home while Youra went to have ramen.

Cycling down the same street as yesterday, she remembered the unprecedented event she never expected. The shadow of Ibuki on edge still appeared in Misao's mind, and staring at the building, she lost control of her bicycle and hit a lamp post on her left. She fell, scratching her knee, when she heard a voice from behind, "Are you okay?"