Chapter 6 Yellow Fever

Start bij het begin

'Well, we're looking into the death of Frank O'Brien. We understand some of your men found his body,' Sam responds.

'They did. Me and Frank, we were friends. Hell, we were gamecocks,' Dean snickers. Sheriff gives him a stern look. Dean looks away. 'That's our softball team's name,' Dean nods. 'They're majestic animals. I have known Frank since high school. To be honest, I just this morning got up the strength to go see him. Frank was...He was a good man,'

'Yeah. Big heart,' Dean responds.

'Before he died, did you notice Frank acting strange? Maybe scared of something?' Sam asks.

'Oh hell, yeah. Real jumpy,'

'You know what scared him?'

'No. Wouldn't answer the phone. Finally, I sent some of my boys over to check on him, and well, you know the rest,' The Sheriff starts to pour alcohol gel on his hands again. Dean looks at Sam with a "WTF" look on his face. He slathers gel on his hands. 'So, why the Feds give a crap? You don't really think there is a case here?'

Dean looks at Sam. 'No, no. It's probably nothing. Just a heart attack,'

Sam, Dean and Hermione walk outside.

'No way that was a heart attack,' Dean points out.

'Definitely no way. Three victims, all with those same red scratches. All went from jittery to terrified to dead within 48 hours,' Sam responds.

'Something scared them to death?'

'All right, so what can do that?'

'What can't? Ghosts, vampires, chupacabra? It could be a hundred things,'

'So, we make a list and start crossing things off,' Hermione points out.

'Alright, who's the last person to see Frank O'Brien alive?'

'Uh, his neighbour, Mark Hutchins,' Sam responds.

Dean notices something ahead. 'Hang on, hang on,'

'What?'

He faces Sam and Hermione. 'I don't like the looks of those teenagers down there,' Sam and Hermione look around and notice teenagers talking near the Impala. 'Let's walk this way,' Dean crosses the street while Hermione and Sam share a look.

Sam, Dean and Hermione are at a neighbour's of Frank's house.

'Tyler, Perry and Hamilton. Just like Aerosmith,' The neighbour Mark Hutchins points out. Dean looks around the room.

'Yeah, small world. So, the last time you saw Frank O'Brien?' Sam asks. Dean sees a big lizard and faces forward again.

'Monday, he was watching me from his window. I waved at him, but he just closed the curtains,'

'Hmm. Did you speak to him recently? Did he seem different? Uh, scared?'

'Oh, totally. He was freaking out,' Sam looks at Dean. Dean looks freaked out too.

'Do you know, uh...do you know what scared him?' Dean asks him.

'Well, yeah, witches,'

'Witches?' Hermione asks, sitting straight. Sam and Dean look at each other.

'Well, Wizard of Oz was on tv the other night, right? And he said that green bitch was totally out to get him,'

'Anything else scare him?' Sam asks.

'Everything else scared him. Al-Qaeda, ferrets, artificial sweeteners. Those pez dispensers with their dead little eyes. Lots of stuff,' Mark explains. Dean looks around again at the animals inside the aquariums.