The Earth Pegasus Date

Start from the beginning

She brushed her hair just to make sure it didn't have any tangles, then polished her tiara, curled her eyelashes, put on lip glitter, putting on earrings, putting on perfume to smell elegant, and tried on dresses for the date. As she came out of the bathroom, she saw Sunny Starscout getting back from her job as a Smoothie Vendor.

"Hey Pipp! I saw your livestream!" Sunny said. "You're going out with Hitch huh?"

"Yeah," Pipp said. "Do I look good? This is my first date! I'm so nervous!"

She flapped her wings and twirled around.

"You look fine Pipp," Sunny said, walking up and hugging her friend encouragingly. "Just be yourself."

Pipp took a breath. "Thanks Sunny. Ooh! I need to text Hitch and ask where he would like to go to, and get a couple flowers from the garden to put in my mane!"

She took out her prized phone again and texted Hitch, asking where he would like to go. She then headed outside and to the Community Garden they had made a few months ago. Taking a few moments to pick flowers to put in her purple mane she settled on some blue ones that she felt would go well on them. As she picked the small flowers off at the tops, she remembered a time not too long ago when Sparky had hit her with his dragonfire and caused a flower to appear on her head. It hadn't been too bad, but these were probably better.

Her phone vibrated and she looked to see Hitch's response. He said for her to pick. She thought for a moment then an idea occurred to her on a place they could go to for dinner. Potalian Cuisine, it was one of the top-rated places for dinner here in Maretime Bay, serving spaghetti, pizza, and other fine foods for ponies. Pipp recalled when she went there sometime ago, and she'd ended up sucking a noodle that brought the entire meal into her face which got covered in red sauce. That made it into her top ten most epic fails video that she'd used to cheer up Sunny after the banana incident.

She texted Hitch the place and waited, heading over to her karaoke salon Mane Melody and letting herself be pampered by her employees Jazz and Rocky.

"Thanks Jazz, Rocky," Pipp thanked them as they put beauty jell on her face and cucumbers on her eyes.

"No problem Pipp," Jazz said as she took her hoof painting supplies and began to create a hooficure for Pipp's special occasion. "You always want to look your best on a date."

The light green hooficurist blushed as she looked at Rocky, her coltfriend that she'd gotten together with after they started working here once ponykind reunited and started dating after Opaline was defeated.

Jazz finished with Pipp's hooficure with red music notes and put golden eyeshadow on Pipp.

Rocky looked at Pipp's flower adorned mane as Jazz dyed Pipp's wings white. "I like the flowers you put in your mane. But you sure you want it in the same style?"

"I had considered a different one, but I wasn't sure," Pipp said. "Maybe you can give me something?"

Rocky smiled and carefully picked the flowers out then styled her mane into a braid on the same side as how she normally kept it. He then put the flowers back into the braid and the top of her mane with yellow stripes for her mane and tail as Jazz put powder plush on her and uses glitter spray paint on Pipp's hooves. She looked in the mirror and her mouth fell open in awe.

"Jazz, Rocky, you are amazing at this!" Pipp said.

Pipp put on a yellow dress, putting on perfume to smell elegant, put on lip glitter, putting on earrings, and put on a bead bracelet on her hoof.

Hitch soon texted her agreeing to meet once his shift was over. Pipp stayed at the salon for a while and sung a few songs for the customers that walked in to have their manes or hooves groomed. She also spotted a few of her fans among them. Soon an all too familiar trio of fillies appeared.