NINE

nine's theme - starman - david bowie 

The table was full, ready for a banquet, a feast for kings. Ariadne looked like she had been plucked straight from the latest edition of Vogue, her silver dress shimmering as it captured the light. 

Felix was entranced by her beauty as he stared at her from across the table, pissed that he had not been seated next to the woman before him. Instead, he had to deal with an insufferable Farleigh, who gave him a running commentary of the sordid secrets of the dinner guests. 

Orgies and sex scandals galore as Farleigh trailed on. 

Felix was entranced as he watched the candlelight illuminate the curves of Ariadne's face, she was an angel, the angel that would lead Felix to salvation. How could he want anyone else in the world when he had her? He would move mountains for her, defy all natural order if he could, just to get to her. 

Ariadne was stuck, no one moved to make conversation with her as she was surrounded by drunk, pissed up men who couldn't tell left from right. It was isolating. She looked to Felix, across the table who had already been staring at her, she sent him a soft smile and he mirrored her, as his eyes lit up, a reaction to capturing her attention. 

Oliver observed the pair, invested in the relationship that was seemingly unfolding in front of him. He had seen everything, even their most intimate and personal moments and the couple didn't even know a thing about the wolf that was lurking in the house, waiting to strike. Of course, there would be obstacles before Oliver's endgame, namely Farleigh, but he would be dealt with soon. He knew Ariadne was becoming wary of him, after she caught him in Achilles room. He would get to her before she could say anything. 

She would be the first to go. 

Dinner was over and all the guests had retired to the drawing room to partake in a thrilling round of karaoke, Ariadne could not think of anything worse as she clutched her head, perched on Felix's lap, his hand massaging her thigh as one of the Henry's screeched out a rendition of Low by Flo Rida. It seriously made her think her ears would start pouring with blood. It was that bad. 

Venetia snickered next to the pair, as she observed Oliver and Farleigh in a deep conversation that reeked of sexual tension. Even Ariadne could see it. 

Felix tapped the girls thigh, that indicated that he wanted to get up to refill his drink. Ariadne shifted off of his lap and his hand latched around her wrist, dragging her with him. 

'Are you going to sing a song for me?' he whispered into her ear, causing a bright red blush to erupt onto her cheeks. She had a beautiful singing voice but never used it. 

'What song am I singing then?' 

'Our Song.' he breathed out, they had a song that they were both obsessed with when they were younger and they would sing it to each other on the daily, which drove all the families made when they would grace them with renditions of it on the daily. 

Farleigh's voice reverberated through the room, who had let him loose with a microphone?

'He's your best friend and mine: Oliver Quick!' 

Ollie was going to sing karaoke? The synths blared as the first few bars of Rent by the Pet Shop Boys played through the speakers. Oliver tried to get out of singing the song but Farleigh was having none of it. Oliver had no other choice, it looked like he was singing.