Bab 3 : A Power to Change (April 6, 781)

Start from the beginning

"Sunny side up."

"Mmkay," Record mumbled before guiding Cale through the process. A day of being with Cale later and Record, even in his sleepiest and most unwilling state, was still endlessly patient and helpful.

And minutes later, Cale found himself eating a good large breakfast of sunny side up eggs and croissant sandwiches and sliced fruits and listening to the glutton comment on the lush colors and handicraft of his food.

Somehow, despite having to make his own food and having to listen to a voice that wouldn't shut up, he was more satisfied and happy than he was with any other breakfast.

Somehow, (despite being alone on his side of the mansion with voices that felt like imaginary friends with how impossibly good they were), he was happy.

Cale didn't remember the last time he had been happy.

But maybe he didn't deserve to be happy.

-----------------

"So you can create a shield and control trees?"

"Mm." The glutton affirmed, having happily explained her ancient power to Cale when he had finally asked about just what he had received.

Cale stared stunned at the silver shield when it appeared at his hand, hard and indestructible. Silver, beautiful, and even holy as it gleamed brightly in his room. He could change the size by will and move it to surround objects that were afar as he wished, and Cale played with it for a while as he admired the shield's strength and design.

It was a power that didn't suit him (too pure and holy for a piece of trash to have), and yet he liked it (protect, all he had ever wanted to do was to protect).

Even if this had been Glutton's only ability, Cale would have been immensely satisfied. Although he had gotten the Indestructible Shield by luck and accident, Cale was glad to have gotten it.

It was a strong ability.

So strong that Cale couldn't help but tease, "Record, in comparison, is really lame."

Record said nothing to deny it and Cale didn't expect him to, having realized so far that Record had a tendency to downplay his own abilities, but Glutton huffed.

"Record is not lame." She defended as Cale expected her to. His lips quirked as he wondered if she was going to go overboard and disturb Record again. "Record is a good power. Record can not only memorize all the books in your library in one week, but also analyze and recall all the information in an instant."