35.

Quick authors note (again):
I tried working out what the time would be when Charles and Emma land, but I have no idea! Like I said before, I'm incredibly bad at figuring out anything time related, so bear with me!

Tuesday

"You're back!"

Stella- wrapped up in a thick coat and beanie- was at the front door waiting for me like an excited puppy. My foot had only just met the stone slabs lining the path before she threw herself at me. It's the hug that I knew I needed. I drop all my hand luggage on the curb and fling my arms around her neck, relaxing in her touch.

"I've missed you so much." My voice is muffled into her puffer-coat sleeve.

Stella cackles, shaking her head. "You're incapable of living on your own, aren't you?"

I nod as I pull away from her hug, brushing some loose hair off my face. The car door that I slipped out of is slightly ajar, just enough for Stella to catch sight of Charles inside.

We're going our separate ways. The cycle has completed its self once more. I'm not upset, neither is he, but gutted is a good way of describing how I feel. We had to do what's right, for us and for the other two involved in our relationship. Charles doesn't want to own up to Charlotte about me, and I can't live with talking to Elliot whilst still seeing Charles. Elliot has left his past behind him for good, so I should do the same.

"Congrats on P3." Stella comments, keeping her voice monotone.

"Thank you." Charles replies, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Good weekend."

"Mhmm, for you." Stella steps away from the door, holding the side of it. "See you around."

Stella shut the door straight on his face; that doesn't feel like the right way to end this. Stella collects my suitcases from the escort as I stare at the black-out window. I don't have the bravery to reopen it, to properly say goodbye with Stella on my shoulder. I wave at my own reflection, hoping he sees me.

"Bloody hell Em, have you got a body in here?" Stella's remark catches my attention, watching her heave my suitcase from the road to the path.

"Use the handle on the-" The driver restarts the engine, cautiously pulling away as we're just behind him. "Side."

I don't know why this is affecting me so much? It pains me as the SUV drives off, taking a chapter of my life with it. A short chapter, for sure, but a chapter with zero dull moments. There's been highs, there's definitely been lows, but I was never bored. I brush it off, shaking my head as I grab my suitcase from Stella, giving it a little kick onto its wheels so I can guide it through the door.

"Hey, don't be disheartened by him." Stella puts a hand on my back as I walk into the building. "You're not together any more, it doesn't matter."

"It's disappointing, as usual." I sigh, stopping as we get to the lobby. "It was worse being on my own in Japan."

"Well, there were also 19 other drivers there you could've met." Stella remarks, teasingly. "I'd rather you brought home someone like Lewis Hamilton or Carlos Sainz, someone who will actually respect you."

"I am not bringing home a man who's been with his girlfriend for five years!" I exclaim, scowling at her. "And you only want me to bring Lewis home because you fancy him!"

"Keep your voice down, Mark's still upstairs!" Stella hisses, whacking my arm. "Actually, do you mind going upstairs and getting him, the door's unlocked?"