; floyd // panic 📸

Start from the beginning

[ another time skip 😋 where you made it to the party ]

"n/nnn!" i heard a voice cheer, saying a nickname of mine..only one person used that nickname for me, poppy.
i turned my head in the direction i heard the voice. i just entered into the building, everything's loud and i'm not even in the center.
"n/n! you're here! yay!" poppy jumped around, as she held branch's arm, i awkwardly chuckled, nodding.
"yeah!..i'm ..here," i murmured.
"what??" poppy shouted, holding her ear out. she couldn't hear me.

"i said!-" just as i was about to repeat myself, in a louder tone, i felt a tap on my shoulder.

poppy looked behind me instantly, and i saw her face change from the confused expression of her not hearing my words to a grin on her face.
i slowly turned my head. floyd stood there, a soft yet happy and excited smile on his face.

"eeekk!" poppy fan girled. "i've always wanted to go on a double date!- this will be SO fun!" she squeezed branch's arm. he didn't look impressed at all, but he still smiled at poppy.

"i'm glad you made it," floyd chuckled, making me return a light and soft laugh.
"yeah, i didn't wanna disappoint," i smiled light heartedly, but when i said that, his face changed to slight confusion, making me wondering if i said anything wrong.
"disappoint who?" he questioned, and his question stunned me, just a little though.
i was going to respond, but i felt a tug on my arm.

"c'mon! let's go dance and party! stop hugging the wall," she scolded jokingly. she dragged me away which prompted me to grab floyd's arm, as we all were dragged by poppy.

i feel sick again as i run into all these people while i'm dragged.

it was crowded, i was squished between people, barely even seeing poppy's head, and i held on tightly to floyd, not letting go so he wouldn't be lost.

he stopped in a little open area, just enough room to be at least three inches apart from everyone.

"you guys want drinks??" poppy beamed.

"uhm-..water?" i raised my voice a little high pitched to be heard, even being a little afraid to ask for something even when she offered getting it.

she walked off to a table near, pulling water out from a cooler.
i needed some fresh and cool water, to calm down, my throat and mouth was practically a desert.

"you okay?" floyd asked from beside me, getting into my vision so i could see him.
as poppy handed me the water, i nodded.

"yeah, why?" i sheepishly grinned.
"you're sweating. . ." i scoffs.

"oh!" i mumbled, wiping the sweat from my forehead with my sleeve.

"it's just hot," i excused, not wanting to worry or be a bother.

he glanced at me with concern but shrugged it off.
i took a sip of that fresh water, god i needed that.
i sighed as i felt more relieved.

and the party seemed fine after wards.

i hung out only with poppy, floyd, and kind of branch, but branch and i only had small talk and we mainly talked about floyd and poppy.
i was surprised to see how poppy easily talked to strangers as if she was friends with them for years.
i wanted to do that, so i awkwardly complimented someone.. .  there response was "okay??.."
. . . never again. 😞

but i did dance around a little, listening to the people on stage sing and play their instruments. it was entertaining while it lasted.
but then things turned.
i started noticing little things before.
i noticed the annoying tightness in my shirt/dress, it wasn't very tight but it was tight enough to irritate me.
and i noticed a weird sticky feeling on my hand, probably from some soda i drank.
then i noticed the extreme loudness, it was loud before but a song came on that everyone loved and everyone was practically screaming.
and of course i noticed the bright lights that would randomly flash in my eyes from time to time.
.
i think i'm ready to go back to vacation island.