013

[THIRTEEN]

* . °•★𝓢𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻☆•° . * 

ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ʙᴏʀᴇᴅ. 

So, so bored.

So I did what any normal bored person would do and asked Katherine if she would let me take the car to go get some ice cream. Unfortunately, she told me I could only go if I found someone to go with me, so I set out on my quest around the house. Jackie was too busy studying for a test she had on Monday, Danny was rehearsing for play auditions, Nathan had another headache and said he needed to rest, Parker and Benny were too busy doing who knows what, Jordan was out with his friends, Alex was training for some horse competition, and I didn't really feel like asking Cole. 

Just when I was about to give up, I entered the living room, where Lee and Isaac were on the couch playing video games.

"Heyyy guys." I said, grinning, as I sauntered over to them and collapsed onto the couch, forcing the two of them apart. Isaac kicked me in the shin without looking away.

"I'm trying to focus, Saylor."

"Yeah, he's trying to focus on losing." Lee shot at him. I grinned as I turned sideways until I was leaning against him and propped my feet up across Isaac's lap.

"Moveeeeeeeee!" Isaac complained, bouncing his thigh in an attempt to get my legs off of him, but he failed. Just then, he lost the fight against Lee.

"NO!" He shouted, throwing his remote down and shoving my legs off of him. "That's your fault!" He shouted, pointing an accusing finger at my face. I threw up my hands, laughing.

"How is it my fault? I just sat down?!"

"I hate you so much." Isaac said, burying his face in his hands. I grinned.

"I know you do. The feeling's mutual." I said, sitting upright. "Anyways, now that you guys are done with your video gaming, I'm going around the house to see if anyone wants to come with me to get ice cream. Katherine said I can't go unless I find someone to go with me." I said quickly, mentally crossing my fingers that Lee would say yes or that both of them would say no. 

Lee and Isaac looked at each other.

"It's forty degrees outside." Lee said, but Isaac was already jumping up.

"Why not?"

I groaned and dragged a hand through my hair. "Out of eleven kids in this house, of course you're the only one who will go." 

Isaac rolled his eyes. "Do you want ice cream or not?" 

"Fine." 

I gestured for him to follow me and we entered the kitchen. I reached for the keys hanging on the wall, but Katherine's voice stopped us. 

"Whoa, what are you guys doing?" She asked, her arms crossed.

"We're going out to get ice cream?" I said, confused. "You said I could go if I found someone to go with me?"

She surveyed us for a few moments. "You two... are getting ice cream...together?" 

Isaac grinned, nodding as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I immediately shrugged it off before saying.

"Our love for ice cream is greater than our hatred for each other." 

Katherine raised an eyebrow. "Alright. Just...please be back home by dinner, okay? Tomorrow's thanksgiving and I want you all here. Also, Isaac, please put on something warmer."