; branch // dont leave me at the party 🎉

Start from the beginning

"hi branch!!" she exclaims, as you walked back over to him.
you rubbed your arm awkwardly, feeling like you aren't exactly fitting in right now.

"hey poppy," branch chuckles, having poppy let go of him.
she jumps around him, which sort of forced you to back away.

oddly it felt like an intention.

[ y/ns pov ]

"what's up y/n," clay then approached me, as i kept switching glances between the green haired troll and my boyfriend.

"oh, nothing much.?" i anxiously laughed. "you?" i added quickly.

"hm, nothing much, good to see you though!" he pats my back, i nodded.
"good to see you too," i smiled.
the interaction with branch"s brother calmed me down a little.
not feeling as awkward and stupid as before, i looked back over at branch.

why's poppy so close to him?

"branch," i said, walking back up to him. my tone didn't have much to it, it just sounded like i was calling out for him.

"yeah?" he grinned, peaking over poppy's shoulder who was kind of blocking me off from him.

"are we going to party or what?" i chuckled. branch walked around poppy and grabbed my hand with a smile.
"of course, why wouldn't we," he spoke in the same way i did.
as we were going to walk off to maybe dance, or get food..i don't know..we were just gonna make it up as we went.. but i saw a pink hand go on branch's shoulder.

"what about me!" i heard the voice of the girl laugh, as she got in between branch and i again.

"oh, uh-" i mumbled, scratching the back of my neck.
i wanted to plainly tell her no.
i don't know why i couldn't.

"why us?" branch raises an eyebrow. still having a fun smile on his face though, "you know almost everyone here," he added.

"i knowww, but i wanna be with you!...guys," she rocked back and forth. she had briefly added the 'guys' part at the end. like she wasn't gonna even say that.

branch shrugged, not seeming to really care, be he moved back over to me, "fine," he replied to poppys words, and he held my hand again.

"yay!" she giggles, hugging branch's arm.

honestly, if branch wants to..i'll be fine with it too..
and i think it's sweet he keeps coming back to me... at least that's happening?

however, it didn't really last forever.

we danced, we had fun, but poppy was always around.
at first, branch was paying attention mainly to me, making poppy be a third wheel.
but it changed, eventually i was the third wheel.
and it's not because branch was wanting to focus on poppy more, it's because he had to really. poppy was constantly in his face. asking questions. grabbing him, so he had to talk to her.
and for me, i began to awkwardly pull apart.
a weird pressure came to me.

poppy was giving me these strange looks, it made me feel like she was wanting me gone.
it made me feel a pressure.

a couple hours at the party passed.
i feel sick of this.

i finally decided to stop trailing behind poppy and branch, now i went off and talked to other people, plainly bruce because he was the host for this party, and i could create small talk with that.

i don't think branch noticed i was gone- or he couldn't! because poppy was just in his face every second.

"having fun?" bruce smiled, as he moved the drink in his hand so the ice would shift around in the glass.