A calm before the storm.

Start from the beginning

"Yes, you have your own wedding to prepare for".

"You do not resent me for it do you?",

"for what?".

"Marrying Daemon",

"It stung at first but I have long since gotten over my feelings for Daemon".

"Perhaps you got over Daemon for another?", Shaera probed.

"I do not know what you speak",

"Nyra, I support you and Ser Harwin. I am glad both you and Laenor have found people to make you both happy in this situation".

"Thank you",

"I shall leave you both to rest. Goodnight dearest, I shall see you when I return".

"Goodbye aunt Shaera".

~
Shaera and Laenor flew on Aethalrax and Seasmoke to Driftmark where Rhaenys and Corlys greeted them.

"I always forget how beautiful High tide is. I can do nothing but admire Driftmark", Shaera spoke as they all walked inside.

"Where is Laena?", Laenor asked.

"Flying on Vhagar, tis all she does these days", Rhaenys answered.

"I can hardly blame her, we were both like her once. Always wishing to be on Dragonback, your daughter has one of the most wonderfully adventurous spirit", Shaera added.

"Indeed".

They watched as Vhagar's large form landed on the beach, sand flew everywhere as she decended.

"My, my, Laena how you've grown gracefully. Congratulations on your betrothal", Shaera complimented.

"Thank you Lady Shaera. Congratulations to you aswell". Laena was always polite, even if she were being stubborn she always had a reassurance about her.

"We shall feast then the wedding will happen upon the morrow", Corlys announced as they all walked inside.

At a late hour, Rhaenys and Corlys were speaking in their chambers.

"I never expected Shaera to marry at all, she always put it off and now she is marrying Daemon. I knew he wanted her but I never thought they would actually marry", Corlys spoke.

"I knew she would marry Daemon, I think everybody always has. They were always close and I think Shaera rejected all those betrothal because she was waiting for him even if she didn't realise it",

" I remember when we were fighting at the Stepstones. Daemon heard some of the men speaking of a gamble of who could bed the Realms desire. He has always been brash but I had never seen such pure rage and almost jealousy until he killed them all for what they said of Shaera".

"Daemon is a possessive man, it does not surprise me that he killed them for Shaera's. He would kill everyone in the entire seven kingdoms if she asked him too",

"I heard many speak that queen Alysanne did not betroth them because of his unrequited devotion to her".

"Indeed, husband. Shaera is believed to be a balance for Daemon but I think her fire is misunderstood. She is as much a dragon as anyone with Targaryen blood but calmed herself when Aemma died to stay strong for Rhaenyra",

"Daemon and Shaera are meant to burn together".

"Yes",

"Do you think our Laena will find that with Lord Benton?".

"Our daughter can never be truly tamed nor do I want her to be but I think she loves him. She gets the same look in her eyes as Daemon and Shaera do when the other is even mentioned",