Everyone in the mirror I could see could only nod. 

"I fear all of us will be praying for a hundred miracles before this war is over, son." Dad sighed. 

"I agree. This is only the beginning, after all." 

______________________________________________

"How'd talking with your parents go?" Heather asked me. 

I was all ready to go to sleep in a dark wet cave with the guys, and we were all talking to our girlfriends/wives/fiances/other-halves on our Enchanted mirrors. Jack was talking to Elsa. Kristoff to Anna. Eugene to Rapunzel, Dagur to Mala and me to Heather. Nikolai was fast asleep since he and Astrid aren't exactly there. Yet.

Those two are as good as acquaintances and allies, but they haven't exactly spent any time together for anyone to see any potential sparks between them. I mean, in terms of personalities and interests, they have nothing in common. Nikolai rides a Night Fury, Astrid a Deadly Nadder. Astrid's more of a warrior and a soldier, Nikolai's an inventor and thinker. Astrid is as stubborn as the raging ocean, Nikolai is as cool as a flowing river. Nikolai is incredibly unpredictable, and Astrid is steady and consistent. I guess, in a way, they could balance each other out if given the chance. Nikolai might gain a little more stability and Astrid could let her guard down once in a while. 

Which is honestly what I wanted to discuss with Heather tonight. The prophecy mentioned that Heather and I were the ones to bring Elsa and Jack together and start the whole quest. We are the catalysts for everyone being reunited and breaking barriers of places and people we get to go. Our role was to fight against the tides we've always known and to brave the unknowns of the world. And it fits with the Elemental Power we both gained -Lightning; The element of courage. Something powerful and something wonderful can come from breaking the limits of what we know. 

Heather and I brought Elsa and Jack together, and we helped them fall in love. This is a total shot in the dark, not to mention a complete long shot, but I've been wondering if she and I were also meant to bring Nikolai and Astrid, Snotlout and Minden and Skylar and Aaron with their missing other halves together. Maybe our role was to help them get past the fear of each other's unknown and see in each other what could be what completes them. 

"It was okay. Though, telling them about Snotlout wasn't exactly the news they were expecting."

"I can only imagine. How are the boys?"

"Pretty good, all things considered. We just entered the entrance to the Hidden World. In a deep dark cave underneath the ocean. We're about to start exploring tomorrow. Hopefully, we find the Alpha Dragons soon." 

"What's on your mind? Spill it." She suddenly said. 

"How did you...?" I was shocked at how she knew I wanted to tell her something. 

"Hiccup, we may have oceans apart between us, and I'm talking to you in a mirror after only a day of not being with you, but one look in your eyes and I know when you want to tell me something. Now just say it."

"It may sound crazy, and honestly its kinda weird the more I think about it, but I can't stop thinking about Snotlout and Minden. And somehow, that leads me to think about Jack and Elsa." I began

"Okay, Jack and Elsa, and Snotlout and Minden, are as different as Ice and Fire. Literally."

"I'm aware, both figuratively and literally. But, not really the point I was getting to. Jack and Elsa, despite having similar powers, are as different of people as Snotlout and Minden. Haven't you noticed?"

"Yeah, I have. Jack's easy-going and flies by the seat of his pants while Elsa is a little more stable and likes a carefully planned strategy. Jack is also a little more gruff, rugged and casual while Elsa's more elegant, refined and formal, even without trying. The only thing I see that they have in common is how long they've felt lonely and how they've been praying for someone just like them to feel kindred to." Heather couldn't help but agree.