Second Times a Charm

Start from the beginning

She pushed me away and i stumbled back but was still on my feet. I went over and shoved her shoulders, making her fall back as well. Some of her teammates came over to us tell us to stop. I scoffed which caught Katie's attention.

"You better keep your mouth shut or i swear" she pointed her finger in my face.

"Swear what? What are you going to do McCabe? Foul me and get a yellow like usual." i smirked which angered her even more.

She lunged towards me but the ref got there before she could do anything. With her not being there to hear our conversation beforehand she didn't give anything and just warned us to not do anything else or we'd get a card.

Before i knew it Lauren had the ball, using her quick feet she weaved herself through the Arsenal defence at the likes of Leah Williamson and Steph Catley. She needed to pass and i was open, i shouted to her and she saw. She shot it to me and i kicked it in the corner. I was shocked. I ran over to LJ and gave her a hug as the rest of the team joined in. Guro was the last one and we shared our own hug.

"I'm so proud of you" she smiled and stroked my cheek before we both ran back to our positions to start the game again. 23 minutes in and we were 1 nil up. This was good but we needed a second to give us a benefit.

The game carried on smoothly until Niamh unfortunately got a yellow card. A couple minutes after that the whistle went for half time. We were all sat in the changing rooms and Erin had her arm over my shoulder and we were rocking side to side as she was singing 'my' song that was sometimes chanted when i had a good game.

"Rena's on fire, your defence is terrified. Rena's on fire. Na-na-na-na-na-na-na" she sang loudly. You could say it was the football version of Freed From Desire and i'm pretty sure it's some other players song as well.

I rested my head on Erin's shoulder comfortably while we were going through tactics for the next 45 minutes. I looked around the room and made eye contact with a certain Nordic girl. She had her eyebrows furrowed and glanced at Erin for second before turning away. I knew that look, she was jealous. As i moved my head off Erin's shoulder i saw that Guro looked back. I smirked at her and then everted eye contact and looked towards Emma who told us we had to go back on the pitch.

The game started slow but the atmosphere built up quick enough. I gained the ball and made a cross over to Guro, who then passed to Jelena. She made a run towards the goal and did a last minute pass to Sam who wacked it in the net.

I went over and gave her quick hug before returning to my position. Arsenal were fighting hard and had most of the possession but they just weren't making it through our defence and into the net.

There were substitutions for both teams, for Arsenal Victoria Pelova came on for Steph Catley, Katherine Kühl for Stina Blackstenius, Noelle Maritz for Laura Wienroither and Lotte Wubbon-Moy for Lia Wälti. For us Ève, Lauren and Jelena came off and were swapped with Jess, Johanna and Jessie.

We obtained a corner which Guro took, Millie tried to use her head to get it in the goal but it got saved by Zinsberger. It was announced that there was six minutes of added time and thats when the gunners started to push maybe a bit too hard, as Maritz got herself a yellow card.

We got a free kick but after that was taken by Johanna the whistle blew for full time and we had secured our place in the quarter finals. I went over to Leah and gave her a hug.