Twenty Seven

It was my long awaited 27th birthday today but unfortunately i had to wake up early for training and then tomorrow we had a London derby against Arsenal. So i'm properly celebrating on the Monday. I checked my phone and saw that multiple people had wished me happy birthday on Instagram including the Lionesses account and Chelsea Women's too. I replied in the comments sections and then went to take a shower.

I got dressed into my training kit and went to make breakfast which i prepared the night before. I took it out the fridge and practically inhaled it because for some reason i was starving. After brushing my teeth and tying back my hair i left, grabbing my bag filled with essentials on the way out.

At my arrival at Cobham everyones car seemed to be there already which was confusing since i usually get there earlier than most. I walked in and got greeted by the receptionist who told me to head straight to the changing rooms to drop my stuff off and then go to the break room. I was confused as there was no one in sight and usually there's people dotted around but today there wasn't. I stepped into the changing rooms to see everyone's stuff already there but no one was actually in there. I did as the lady said and went to the break room, i walked in and got completely terrified by the screams of everyone "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENA!" one of my hands immediately went to my heart as the other went to my mouth.

"You scared me" i laughed. "But thanks you so muchhh"

Emma came over and gave me a card which i opened and read. It said 'To Rena, Happy Birthday to our number 13! We hope you have the best day, lots of love from everyone here at Chelsea'. It was written in blue ink and at the bottom was a blue heart as well.

"I love you guys" i said giggling.

"Stop being soppy" Emma exclaimed jokingly making everyone laugh as she pulled me into a quick hug. "Right girls! Go get ready and meet out on the pitch in 10 minutes" she clapped her hands before walking off.

Magdalena and Pernille were the first to come up to me, "You're 27 now Rena. Do you feel old yet?"

"Such a nice question to ask me" i said sarcastically.

"She's joking." Magda said, "I think" all three of us laughed.

"Who organised this?"

"It was a team effort" Pernille answered. "But Guro had the idea"

My heart thumped when i heard that and i definitely blushed which didn't got unnoticed by the couple in front of me.

"You should go talk to her" Magda pushed me over to where she was standing.

"Look, it's the birthday girl" Millie said pointing at me whilst throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Really? I didn't know" i retorted.

"How does it feel to be at such an old age now Roo?" Sam questioned.

"Your saying that as if your not 30 this year"

"What's wrong with turning 30?" Millie added as she was also turning 30 this year.

"I'm with Rena" Erin replied siding with me.

"The two younger ones of our group are ganging up on the older ones whatever will we do?" Guro said sarcastically.

"You're just feeling left out Guro, you're the middle one" Erin giggled.

"Wow now you coming for me too" she said in an offended tone.

After a couple more minutes of our petty argument, which wasn't serious by any means, we all started to make our way the changing rooms but before Guro could go in and pulled her back.