Episode 7: Change

Start from the beginning

Leo snickers as he back pedals to the exit of the lab whilst clicking his tongue and making the 'call me' gesture at Carmen.

Once Leo is out of the lab, Carmen chuckles to herself and stands up as she finishes her sandwich. She brushes her hands together and heads towards the exit of the lab to meet Leo.

"Alright, I'm heading out. You okay with that?" She pivots at Donnie's direction, asking for his permission.

Donnie makes a 'go ahead' gesture as he nods, "Yeah, no- sure! Go ahead." He pauses for a moment, then when he speaks, his voice suddenly turns serious.

"... You do know he likes you, right?"

Carmen's eyes widen slightly at Donnie's remark, caught off guard. She chuckles nervously, "What? Are you kidding? He doesn't... like me. He's obviously just messing with me."

Donnie's drawn on eyebrows furrow, looking amused and in disbelief at the same time. How can Carmen be this dense? How can anyone? Has she not seen the way he looks at her?

"Are you... are you serious?" He asked Carmen again, "It's so obvious- C'mon!" His arms flailed up in the air.

"Oh, whatever, guy. You don't know what you're talking about. I mean- there's just no way he sees me that way."

She sighs and takes a step out of the lab, walking out as she goes on the search to find Leo. Carmen doesn't believe a single thing Donnie told her. To be fair, it's only been a few days, so it's understandable.

It doesn't take long to find the cocky turtle. He's just chilling in the TV room. Leo immediately sees Carmen and stands up frantically.

"M'lady..." He bowed, smirking. He holds his hand out to her, "Shall we?"

She shakes her head slightly and smiles at him, "Let's just get this over with, blueberry." She said as she walked past Leo. And before he knew it, she was already on her way to the manhole.

"Buh?- hey! Wait for me!" He rushed to Carmen, almost tripping over.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Now, Leo and Carmen are jumping from building to building, on their way to their location for the sweet, succulent pizza.

"So, this pizzeria... Where is it exactly?" Carmen took a quick glance at Leo who's leading the way.

"Don't worry, we're near it. Just a few more buildings aaanddd-'' He stops on a ledge and looks down below.

"There!" He points at an alleyway.

Carmen steps on the ledge and looks down. It looks dark and the walls are filled with graffiti like every other normal alleyway. Her face scrunches up, confused.

"This?" Her eyebrows knitted as she glanced at Leo.

"Yep. C'mon, I'll show ya." He smirks slyly at her before jumping down the building. Carmen follows along.

They both land on the ground, Leo faces the wall with the skull graffiti on it. He turns to lock eyes with Carmen and gives her a snicker. She just cocks her head and watches him do his magic.

Leo pinched his fingers and flailed at the graffiti. A blue flame appears from his hand for a brief moment and then a blue portal stretches out the wall, revealing the pizzeria. On the inside, it's filled with other mutants and yōkais who are having a great time. There's a big sign at the top of the entrance that says 'Run of the Mill's Pizza'.

Carmen's face drops to one of surprise, she's left speechless. Her jaw is as if it's dropped to the floor. 'Holy shit. Could it be?'

The red-eared slider stares at Carmen, his lips slowly forming a genuine smile. He takes the moment to appreciate that shocked look on her face. Absolutely priceless.

"What, you've never seen anything like it?" He giggled.

She shook her head, "No no, it's just-" She quickly makes her way into the pizzeria and drags Leo along.

Her eyes search all over the restaurant, memories suddenly flooding in her mind. She squints and slowly walks around, as if she's a detective on a case.

Leo on the other hand, looks very confused and concerned. Carmen was acting a bit weird about this place. Was this a bad idea?

He places his hand on Carmen's shoulder, "Carm? You good? You're kinda freaking me out here." He says in a sing-songy voice as he slouches.

Carmen flinches slightly from Leo. "Ah!- Sorry," She scratched the back of her neck, "I just can't figure out why the heck this place feels so..."

A massive mutant slug passes by, Leo and Carmen make way. "... familiar." She continued.

He tilts his head to the side, now curious. "Yeah? How come?"

"Well, when I was seven years old, my dad took me to a place exactly like this! My dad and the owner, my tito- were best friends. So, I got to run all over the place." She lets out a small laugh.

"And I'd have the best time playing with my tito. What was his name again?" She rubs her chin in thought, muttering to herself some random names.

Leo points his index up and also tries to guess, "Hoho! Wait wait- don't tell me, err... Is he tall? Muscular? Would murder me if I get too close?" He smiles cheekily then peers at Carmen. "Am I getting warmer?"

She shakes her head and looks at Leo, "No- he's more of a... skeleton looking guy! Yeah!" She smashes her fist into her palm as her face lit up.

His eyebrows furrow, "Wait..." he stops walking for a moment, making Carmen stop as well. "Don't tell me it's-"

"Tito Hueso!" Carmen cutted Leo off as she shouted the moment she saw her uncle, Señor Hueso! She quickly runs up to the skeleton yōkai and gives him a big, tight hug.

Hueso's eyes widen in shock and then he slowly looks down at Carmen, "¿Qué? Who are you, child?"

Carmen tilts her head up at him and gives him a bright smile, "Tito Hueso! It's me!"

He stares at her for a second, until it suddenly clicks-