-☆ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ ☆-

•●☆●•

Violet walked for miles, knowing the destroyed land like the back of her hand. Diesel refused to leave her thoughts, as much as she tried to get rid of him. She'd given herself to him in the past, and hated him for escaping. She wanted to throttle him for what he'd done to her.

Did I let him escape? She thought, clenching her fists at the idea of it. She tried not to let such silly thoughts get the better of her, but it was difficult.

Have I betrayed the gang?

She remained in her thoughts like this for hours, eventually reaching her home of sorts. She knew nothing better.

Base came into view, an insignificant building you'd originally overlook,  though a large one. It was one of the few that stood, built low and close to the ground.

Metal bars connected into a pattern that wrapped all the way around the building, facing the remnants of the city and The Scorch itself.

Brenda and Vi had came to the conclusion that the Base used to be a warehouse for furniture. It was littered with storage rooms full of beds and tables and chairs, which was the best place to play hide and seek in. She and Sis would run around for hours, and it was one of Vi's favourite memories.

They had been here for four years now, and Violet was seventeen. She had three other homes before this Base, two of which were after Jorge found her.

Her first home she could only remember in black and white, details that only a child would notice. She was young, maybe five years old? That sounded right.

The house was tall, and conjoined with another building whose owner had a really nice cat. In the living room there was a huge fireplace, where little Violet would toy with the rug. A darkness also came to her, a pain she'd hidden away and forgotten about. She could barely allow those memories to resurface, though. She felt she was so close, just within reach of a memory before it slipped from her fingers, like trying to catch water.

There was a big gap in her memories, between that young age and after Jorge found her. That's around three years. She had always been confused by this.

She thought this over as the guard dog that stood outside Base, Benny, gave her the approving nod for returning.

People did disappear, and although Jorge tried his best to keep members alive, or chase after ones who left, some did still escape. Hopefully, they were dead and could be no source for the gangs location.

Hoots and catcalls followed her path as she walked past the bar and upstairs, to Jorge's base of operations. She knew she was what most considered beautiful, but she ignored it. She'd rather be seen for her smarts or personality.

She knocked on the door, knowing full well - from past experiences - if she just blew in, no matter the situation, she'd have her head on a plaque.

A strong, aged man opened the door. Weathered lines on his face showed his hardships, and greyed hair showed years of stress. He'd overcome it all with a sly grin on his face. Vi loved him like a father.

Upon seeing her, Jorge opened his arms and welcomed her in.

"My mija! You've completed the mission, then? Alright, I have a job for y-"

"Jorge!"

He turned his back from his messy desk, which he'd hurried back to, no doubt working on another one of his projects.

His forehead creased, he knew this was serious. He'd noticed the frustration in her tone.

"Yes?"

"I saw a Berg. It flew overhead. I took cover - it didn't see me - do you know anything about this?"