04. UNWANTED FATE

Depuis le début

"Uh oh..."

┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

Spriggans were usually calm creatures and were entirely composed of wood and magical energy. They could turn hostile depending on the nature of the other beings they deal with. At close quarters, they could pose a fatal threat since they could swipe at the Lycans with their claw-like appendages that were often mixed with poison.

As the Lycans faced the guardian of the highway of the central plains, they expected a clash should the creature refuse to accept their reason. However, they were stunned to discover that Rumi had the tendency to enthrall the nearby wildlife---including the ghost giant.

It had always been his most notable ability, though Rumi had never tried summoning them to his aid, but as soon as he lowered his head and gazed at them with his eyes, the Spriggan seemed to comprehend the sincerity in their façade.

This wasn't the first time Lev had seen this but it still left him breathless. While the brothers Vinzer and Vasily were left speechless and astonished by the scene before them.

Vinzer mostly...he watched as Rumi reached out a hand and the guardian knelt to allow the Alpha to gently caress his head...

After the rather strange experience, they bid their farewells and respect to the creature, promising not to mess with the road again. Rumi was still waving his hand when Vasily approached him.

"You're Rolan's brother?" the Elder Lycan spoke.

Rumi turned to face him and would've cursed him too, but realized that just like Lev, he also didn't expect the childish skirmish between him and the other Alpha. His gaze flickered to glare at Vinzer who only smirked in response to his aggression.

"I'm very sorry," Vasily was surprisingly humbled after the experience and truly wanted to kick his brother too.

Rumi didn't want to be upset with the elder who was clearly pale because of what happened. "Forget it." But he didn't forget the Alpha he was with. "Seems like someone's in the mood," he mocked.

Vinzer returns the mock, "And someone has a crush on the highway patrolman."

"Well, at least he paid attention to me."

"Of course, he did honey, you were smiling at him so much he probably thought you were in crystal meth."

"Son of a---"

Before the two could commence with their quarrel, Vasily pulled his brother by the collar of his jacket and Lev did the same with Rumi, separating them both.

"How did you know Rolan?" Lev asked.

"I was the representative of our tribe, sent to hear the prophecy of the pagan priest. Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Apollo Vasily Romanoff and this is my brother---"

"Your brothers?" Rumi couldn't understand why he suddenly felt some surge of relief when they heard that they were siblings.

Vinzer narrowed his gaze. "What is it to you?"

"Would you stop aggravating the man?!" Vasily chastised the younger one and he didn't care whether he was an Alpha, in his eyes, Vinzer was still the same brat he raised. He turned to Rumi and his companion after a sigh. "Again, I'm very sorry about my brother. He can be a handful but he was only teasing you."

"Sorry about our Alpha too," Lev said and Rumi's eyes widened in aghast. "He likes being challenged. Seeing that you two are in the central plains...don't tell me that you're seeking the pagan priest too?"