╔══ஓ๑5๑ஓ══╗

Oliver blew out a breath having just come from Felix's room with the news about his dead dad

Oliver blew out a breath having just come from Felix's room with the news about his dead dad. It was tragic news really, but at least he would have his friends back. well, he had Felix back, but Belle was surprisingly not there. Crossing the courtyard to go to her dorm next, he gets sidetracked by blonde hair out of the corner of his eye, more specifically a tall blonde and much shorter blonde.

The man had already disappeared around the corner before Oliver could properly turn his head but the shorter was unmistakably Annabel. He could see their silhouettes stop and talk as he began rushing towards them. But as he rounded the corner he was face to face with Belle.

"Oh Ollie, I just heard." She pouted her hands cupping his face like he was fragile.

"It's just a shock is all" he mumbled, looking everywhere behind her. there was no man, where did he go?

"Oh, but still, It's just dreadful. Felix called and gave me the gist of it." her hands slipped from his face to caress up and down his arms, here body moving much closer to him. "Losing a parent just so hard." 

Oliver tilted his head slightly to look at her, his arms on fire with every stroke. It felt Electrical. "How would you know?" he snapped with a heart broken expression.

"Because mine are dead." She pouted like he scorned her; her hands began to pull away only for Oliver to catch them, intertwining their fingers. "Every girl needs her daddy, Ollie." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Oliver pleaded, feeling bold enough to lean his forehead against hers when she didn't pull her hands away. 

"Swear." she demanded.

Oliver bit back a smile "I swear." 

She hummed content before abruptly turning and walking "How is your mom?" She asked expecting Oliver to already be following.

he was.

"Incoherent, which is normal for her." He answered.

Belle scoffed clearly displeased, and in truth she was. she could not for the life her understand how a parent could reject a child in anyway. 

"How did your parents ya know?" Oliver asked lightly.

"Died?" she looked back at him momentarily before continuing to walk, it was only then Oliver had noticed she was taking him to her dorm.  Oliver nodded.

"Well, my parents never had a good marriage. it was arranged from birth you see. My mother, ever the saint, God rest her soul was perfect. But my father, well he was a bitter greedy man. he didn't want the marriage from the beginning, but he did want as many women as he could have. And my mother she took it all and never said a word." Belle paused to unlock her door and enter; Oliver closed the door behind them.

"Then there was one, the last one. It wasn't just some random woman like before, he had taken her best friend as his mistress. My mother couldn't take it after that and killed herself. I was only ten."

"Belle-" Oliver tried to comfort her but she moved from his reach and instead began opening her cabinets and taking out glasses and a wine bottle. "Now my father-" she laughed as she began opening the bottle. "He married that god awful woman not even a month after my mother's passing. Moved the gold-digging whore in and tossed my mother's stuff out." she scoffed handing Oliver a glass full of red wine. "Works better than tea" she explained.

"So, they erased her?" Oliver asked before taking a sip of the wine, watching as she took a much larger drink.

"Tried. but I was able to lock a lot of it away in an unused room." She giggled like she remembered a secret. "After that daddy didn't care about me anymore, he had a new shiny toy. they died six months after my mom in a car wreck."

"Is that when the Catton's started to look after you?" he pressed pulling her to sit on the bed next to him.

"Ah yes." she smiled. "Elspeth is my godmother, one of the few mercies my father granted my mother. Felix and I were attached at the hip from the moment we met officially." she bit her Redwine stained lip.

"You are so brave." Oliver praised in a whisper leaning closer to her.

She turned to look at him, his breath faltering under her attention. "Oh no Oliver, you are the brave one." she whispered back, a shiver running down his spine at her praise.

He wanted to move closer, would she be mad if he kissed her? His mind goes back to the stranger. Just as he is about to ask the door opens, drawing all her heroine addicting attention away from him.

"There you two are." Felix exhales as he enters the room.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝